Coffee ... How Do You Drink It?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I recently had espresso at a friend's place. It was really good, so I asked her for the brand of coffee (I had noticed it came ground for espresso, in a vacuum brick.). It's Lavazza, Qualità Rossa. It's a lovely, medium roast from Italy. I'm really enjoying it. In fact, I'm having an ice café au lait right now.

I like coffee black. French or Italian roast or similar dark roast. Often Starbucks, but Millstone, Van Houtte or other (whole bean) brand sold in grocery stores will do. I like to grind my own. DH finds the whole bean dark roasts to oily :( I have begun buying Kirkland signature pre ground in a can for him.....yuk! No flavor to me. I occasionally enjoy a double shot latte with just a splash of hazelnut flavor either hot or in ice. :)

Last edited:
Taxlady

It must have been a very noisy neighbourhood I imagine ;)

I live in Greece, but I call it turkish coffee at home.
When outside and I order coffee I am carefull beacuse Greeks are very sensitive on the subject of Turkish or Greek coffee.
I understand history and political differences but i do not understand transfering the same to food and drinks.

I love food and coffee and I do not care what they call it as long as I can have it and enjoy ;)

It is like moussaka, Turks and Greeks are still fighting over the name, and if you read carefuly it is obvious that moussaka is a persian dish.

In fact original Turkish coffee is very sweet ...but I do not like having sugar in my coffee and tea

Nayarit rustico, dry processed green beans from Mexico. Roast 'em myself, medium roast. The green beans are hand sorted dry, no water, so they arrive here with the hulls intact, with all the sugars that leach out during wet sorting and sizing. Roasting with the hulls on drives the natural sugars into the bean before the hulls become chaff and blow off, so the coffee is naturally sweeter. No need to roast dark to hide a bitter flavor. I only roast three days ahead. The lighter roast leaves more complex oils that begin to degrade after three days and lose flavor. Shorter roasting times leave more caffeine intact, too. I grind medium for drip, and have used an old Revere Ware Drip-O-Lator for years, with an unbleached four cup paper filter. Think Mrs. Tea. Boil my water in an old Revere Ware whistler. The pot is a one pour deal, takes about four or five minutes, tops, for an eight cup pot. I will drink all of whatever is made. I like coffee. Black, no sugar. On very rare occasions, I will buy a can of sweetened, condensed milk for my coffee. We used to use it at the hunting cabin. It has so much sugar in it it can't go bad, I think. I never saw the stuff turn, and the cabin had zero refrigeration, unless it was winter and there was snow. I have recently unearthed my old Chemex thirteen and cleaned it up. Bought unbleached filters and am using it. I am giving it a full box of filters, a hundred pots, as an audition, but will probably keep it and the Revere. They're both good pots. The greens come by way of Sweet Maria's, and are organic, fair trade and shade grown. No poison, no monoculture and the growers, pickers and sorters all make a living wage. Guilt-free sin ;0)

Last edited:
Three cups each day, usually in the morning, midday, and evening.
Coffee contains antioxidants, which are good for the body. Magnesium, potassium, and other essential elements are also present in it. Some people can handle drinking several cups of coffee every day. Others should limit their intake to just one or two cups a day.

I hesitate to say this, but I have a 1/2 mug (about 3 oz.) of black coffee each morning. I'm not too crazy about coffee, and drink it tepid, more to keep my coffee drinking husband company than to enjoy the morning beverage.

Sumatra (dark-ish roast), pour over, whole milk, a BIG mug and a back up ;)

Depends on the coffee. Lower quality is nice if I want flavored coffee. I like adding melty hazelnut chocolates into it, adding cream, milk, cinnamon, flavor syrups, or whatever I'm in the mood for. I also like steeping chai in lower quality coffee. The two work well together.

For better coffee I typically just add a little heavy cream. If it's more bitter then I mix it with milk, a little brown sugar or maple syrup, and blend it with ice.

I do splurge occasionally on a coffee shop coffee, usually mocha or cappuccino with cinnamon. Cinnamon and coffee is so good together.

I never liked coffee. The smell is ok, but to me its just bitter. I would haver to add way too much sugar and other things before I can even tolerate it. I prefer tea or hot chocolate. At least once a year, after watching my wife thoroughly enjoy her cup of coffee, I feel like Im missing out on something so I give it another try. Consistently I hate it. Wish I liked it.

My sister says that she would like coffee, if it tasted as good as freshly ground coffee beans smell.
Edit: Not so much that coffee should smell as good as the freshly ground beans smell. She would like coffee that tastes the way the freshly ground beans smell. I know, tiny difference, but I think it's relevant.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom