Coffee ... How Do You Drink It?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't. I know I'm abnormal, but I have never been able to acquire a taste for it, and believe me, I've tried! When I lived down on the bayou, it was considered anti-social to turn down a cup of coffee. And it was your kind of coffee, Bob.

i drink my coffee black these days. i used to put cream and sugar in it until one time ran out of cream. from that day on, i took my coffee black, heavy with sugar. then there was the day there was no sugar in the house....now i'm good, i take my coffee strong and black--so long as the day never comes that i run out of coffee....

i drink my coffee black these days. i used to put cream and sugar in it until one time ran out of cream. from that day on, i took my coffee black, heavy with sugar. then there was the day there was no sugar in the house....now i'm good, i take my coffee strong and black--so long as the day never comes that i run out of coffee....

I'm with you on that! I keep an extra unopened jar on hand. The day I open the jar, coffee goes back on the grocery list, and I'll buy 2 more.

I'm with you on that! I keep an extra unopened jar on hand. The day I open the jar, coffee goes back on the grocery list, and I'll buy 2 more.

yes, i make sure there is always backup coffee in the house. i drink coffee from morning til night, like an addict....sleep like a baby.:)

Guess I'm not much of a coffee aficionado, because since I quit working at the hospital years ago I only drink coffee once a week. The coffee at the hospital could be called "utility" coffee. The kind in the pot that's brewed until you could stand a spoon up in it and has also been sitting on the warmer forever. Real yummy stuff but it kept us "fired" and working.

Now, we drink a pot of Folger's, I think, one weekend day morning. Actually, we each drink a cup and the rest is refrigerated to be warmed the next day. Glenn takes his black and I like mine souped up with the works. And, please, only real sugar and real milk/cream. None of that artificial stuff.

When I said Folger's "I think," that's because we drink so little so rarely I don't recall what's on the shelf at the moment and it's not that important for me to get up and look.

I just never really developed a taste for coffee, but I do enjoy it from time to time and wouldn't decline it if a host or hostess offered it at dinner.

Black and strong in the morning

Iced with a little creamer in the afternoon

room temp with a scoop of whey protein before working out

With Bailey's or Kahluha sometimes after a good meal.

I have a Krups KP1010 Home Cafe single serve coffeemaker, which can actually brew one or two 6oz, 7.5oz, or 9oz cups at a time, from coffee pods. Right now I have a selection of Kona, Kenya, Moka Java and Costs Rican pods, or I can make my own pods with the Peerless Hawaiian blend or San Francisco Bay Fogchaser coffee beans I grind myself using purchased filter papers and my Perfect Pod Maker. I drink my 9oz coffee in a porcelain mug with a teaspoon of agave nectar and a shot of half & half. I usually consume two to three cups every morning, but very seldom drink coffee after lunch.

I also have a Keurig single serve coffee machine, but it is in retirement right now due to the excessive cost of K-cups and Keurig's penchant towards restraint of trade when it comes to products that work with their machines that are produced by other companies.

My wife and I are Italian coffee lovers, so we bought a Gaggia Syncrony several years ago. Even refurbished, it was expensive, but has probably paid for itself several times over, since we no longer have to visit one of the coffee chains to get our daily espresso/cappuccino fix. It's the only way to take the "bucks" out of Starbucks.

Last edited:
162968_1475480335864_1499378782_1015917_1984922_n.jpg

I drank my coffee without milk or sugar for almost 10 years. I only recently started drinking milk with it again. When I lived in Barcelona I didn't know how to ask for milk or sugar in the beginning so I just drank it plain since you get it that way in restaurants if you don't ask for milk or sugar :LOL:

I have a Krups KP1010 Home Cafe single serve coffeemaker, which can actually brew one or two 6oz, 7.5oz, or 9oz cups at a time, from coffee pods. Right now I have a selection of Kona, Kenya, Moka Java and Costs Rican pods, or I can make my own pods with the Peerless Hawaiian blend or San Francisco Bay Fogchaser coffee beans I grind myself using purchased filter papers and my Perfect Pod Maker. I drink my 9oz coffee in a porcelain mug with a teaspoon of agave nectar and a shot of half & half. I usually consume two to three cups every morning, but very seldom drink coffee after lunch.

I also have a Keurig single serve coffee machine, but it is in retirement right now due to the excessive cost of K-cups and Keurig's penchant towards restraint of trade when it comes to products that work with their machines that are produced by other companies.

i've had a keurig for about six months now--love everything about it but for the high cost of kcups. usually i drink two or three mugs of keurig coffee every day before switching to the cheap stuff. sir loin, what's this about "restraint of trade" re keurig? first i'm hearing of this....

Folger's with cream. I've recently been trying some of the flavored creamers. The chai latte is good as well as caramel macchiato(sp?). 1 cup every morning. If I have any after noon must be decaff. I even have to watch the caffeine in sodas and teas after noon so I can sleep.

with milk (1/2 and 1/2 if there is any on hand)...my preferred brand is Chock full o'Nuts

I had always drunk tea w/milk & sugar until last year, when I was trying to pin down a food (or something) allergy. Started drinking a little coffee, so now start the day with a short cup of Folgers instant with two little sugar cubes and a spoon of French Vanilla creamer. I found the coffee helps the cold engine turn over first thing in the AM. If I drank a whole pot of coffee, I wouldn't stop running for a week.

with the exception of the cafe du monde, my very best coffee experiences have invariably occurred in diners. i don't know why or how this should be unless all diners in america use the same brand of coffee not shared with the rest of us. and i don't very often go to diners anymore either, but there's one thing i can absolutely count on--i'll be served a delicious, piping hot cup of coffee in a thick, white, ceramic cup, ahhh.... :)

8 O'clock with cream and equal in the morning. The sometimes in the evening .. it's the same thing with a bit of Kahlua - YUM !!

Douwe Egberts when we can get it .. delicious !

8 O'clock with cream and equal in the morning. The sometimes in the evening .. it's the same thing with a bit of Kahlua - YUM !!

what's really good is, a steaming cup of coffee after the evening meal, followed up with 2 jiggers of kahlua, mixed with verrrry cold 2% milk. nowhere to go, no need to go nowhere....:):mellow:

Douwe Egberts is my favourite too :) It's really good, we get it in all supermarkets. I use the Pure Gold and if I really can't find I'll buy Jacobs Cronat Gold, it comes close to DE's.

Back
Top Bottom