Coffee ... How Do You Drink It?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A generous cup of Lavazza Qualità Oro prepared with my moka.

40791-albums374-picture2909.jpg
40791-albums373-picture2908.jpg

I thought only Americans used Moka macchinettas!

Holy cow!!! Up to some years ago, every Italian family prepared the coffee with the moka (or with the more ancient version, the "napoletana").
Nowadays some of my compatriots have been badly corrupted and drink that strange potion known as instant-coffee, while others use some technologically advanced coffee machines, but I prefer to stick to the tradition and I'll never abandon my old, encrusted, loyal moka! :)

I drank my coffee without milk or sugar for almost 10 years. I only recently started drinking milk with it again. When I lived in Barcelona I didn't know how to ask for milk or sugar in the beginning so I just drank it plain since you get it that way in restaurants if you don't ask for milk or sugar :LOL:

Come on, you couldn't ask someone how to say "leche y crema, por favor?"

i've had a keurig for about six months now--love everything about it but for the high cost of kcups. usually i drink two or three mugs of keurig coffee every day before switching to the cheap stuff. sir loin, what's this about "restraint of trade" re keurig? first i'm hearing of this....

Any company that is licensed to sell Kuerig products is prohibited from selling anything not owned or licensed by Keurig. For example, there are several types of K-cup type units where you can put in your own coffee and put it into a Keurig machine, but licensed distributors are only allowed to sell the My K-Cup unit.

I like to take my coffee quite sweet! Very strong and Very sweet with 3 to 4 sweetener and a dash of milk! I think i might go and make myself a coffee now! I have coffee when ever i fancy it (and when i need a bit of a boost).

Until I quit drinking recently, after dinner, Irish style with Bushmills. I finally broke the family curse, cold turkey. No more alcohol for me, ever.:)

PS- Lost 50 lbs since June 1st.

Craig

Until I quit drinking recently, after dinner, Irish style with Bushmills. I finally broke the family curse, cold turkey. No more alcohol for me, ever.:)

Craig

Fantastic! Great job on the diet even if it is at the expense of the Bushmills :ermm:

Craig

How amazing ! well done you! With coffee itself there is evidence that coffee or caffeine may inhibit weight loss or contribute to weight gain in some people. Studies have shown that caffeine (as in coffee and some sodas) contributes to insulin resistance which makes it harder to loose weight!

The local cafe, Sour Grape, has two types of coffee I love. I order White Russian flavoured coffee beans by the pound and also, this house blend called 'Cozy Winter's Night' which has a lovely flavour to it. I put a small bit of raw sugar and a bit of milk in mine. I love that stuff!

Weekends we drink a pot of black coffee brewed from beans purchased at Costco. They carry a blend by Starbucks that is blended for our local store. Weekdays I drink the "tennis shoe swill" at work! Lol!
Actually it's not that bad, it's a French roast we get from Farmer Bros. (delivered). Just have to drink from a fresh pot! Anyway, no sugar or cream for me unless I get an afternoon latte ;-)

I switch it up sometimes...

I usually take my coffee with a splash of milk (no sugar), but sometimes switch it up - a little sweetener with my ice coffee, completely black dark roasts when I have a long night.

I'm in San Francisco and get my coffee from a couple places - usually prefer lighter or medium roasts like Ritual. Sometimes do Philz if I want something a little different, a little sweet.

Anyone else have a favorite coffee place they order beans from? I'm always looking to try something new.

I don't drink coffee very often any more at my doc's suggestion, but when I do, it's black and strong, and probably Kenya AA (or AAA if somebody's been there recently). Also love New Orleans style coffee.

Re:

Late entry here, but I've roasted and cupped my own coffee.

SweetMarias used to be in Columbus, Ohio on High Street and I purchased from them. Then I brew my own beers & wines and make my own vinegar.

Today I tend to have a dozen or more coffee's I've bought from various grocery store chains and experiment with mixing from those stocks just to see what I can cup.
If buying green coffee beans wasn't so expensive I'd go back to it and roasting & grinding.

I have a French press, Mocha, ADC, percolator, and a collection of Cappuccino
machines friends have given me.

I often make Belgian Waffles and have Cappuccino with it for my guest. Or I take the works to their place and make it at gatherings.

Back
Top Bottom