Favorite Holiday Beverages

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My husband had his single malt last night, I was too tired for anything strong so I just had more glögg-

SO picked up a bottle of prosecco and we opened that last night. Maybe we could try another brand...

LaMarca Prosseco is the one I have tried and I liked it. Not much of a champagne girl.

Prefer Moscato.

I like moscato better too. I REALLY like Saracco Moscato D'Asti. I've been drinking it on and off for years ever since Ming Tsai (I'm pretty sure it was him) recommended it.

DH got some whipped cream flavored vodka from work. Most disgusting thing I've ever tasted. Not even sure what I would do with it, other than beat it into some whipped cream.

I used it when I made these:
It's one of the versions of a Screaming O (and yes it's that word, just not sure if I can use it here). They were really good, but WAY too heavy for me, I think it was all the cream.

I used it when I made these:
It's one of the versions of a Screaming O (and yes it's that word, just not sure if I can use it here). They were really good, but WAY too heavy for me, I think it was all the cream.

Hm. This interests me, thanks med! Sort of like a White Russian, only with whipped cream flavored vodka. Along with other stuff.

I love making cocktails, but I don't usually find the recipe in my bar book. Favourites in my liquor cabinet are gin, coffee liquor, cream rum, and bubblie. Additions are usually egg nog, hot chocolate, ice cream, pomegranate, iced coffee. I also make hypocras (red wine that is heated slightly, add spices, bottle it for 24 hours, serve room temperature- not the same as mulled wine, mulled wine has a tendency to lose alcoholic properties due to heat and dilution). I don't drink much anymore but I love making cocktails for others.

My cousin made toffee vodka - out of this world (I'm a toffee fiend!). Dead easy. He ground up a packet of caramel toffees (do I mean candies?) removed about 2-3 inches of vodka from the standard sized bottle and added the toffees. didn't say how long he kept it but not long

Saw this drink mix online somewhere recent. The glass was all frosted up with crushed ice, and looked like an orange snow cone. So it's what we're having NYE. Plus, we both like ginger flavor. The big clinker in the ice machine is that neither of us drink alcohol, so Seltzer water substitute it is. Still ought to be pretty good.

2 ounces bourbon
1 ounce triple sec
3 tablespoons fresh ginger simple syrup
3 ounces fresh orange juice
Crushed ice

Make ginger syrup in advance. Combine the bourbon, triple sec, ginger syrup, and orange juice. Fill a glass with crushed ice and pour the cocktail over.

This does sound good, Whiska. Not a bourbon fan, but it sounds almost like a margarita, so I bet it would be good with tequila.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom