Good Tea or Cocoa Brands

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Since I moved to Mexico, I have found a whole new way of making hot chocolate. Just try it - it is very very good. If you have a store near you that carries Mexican foods, look for La Abuelita (little grandmother) or Ibarra solid chocolate. It comes in a disk that is scored. You simply put the milk in a pan with the chocolate and heat it slowly, melting the chocolate. Whisk it and you're done. Needless to day, whole milk tastes the best. I've never made it with skim. The other night, I didn't have any Abuelita, so I just chunked up a Cadbury bar and melted that with milk...oh it was SO good. You don't need a mix - this is so easy, and no chemicals. Who knew? Not me...

OK, I have one of those disks of chocolate. How much milk do I use? I even have one of those Mexican "whisks" (wooden) that you swish in the milk while it's heating. Check your PM's Karen.

^No fat free cream does not taste wierd at all. I don't often buy it. I usually use skim milk unless I am at a coffeehouse and then I splurge and go with half and half.

Back
Top Bottom