Help with coffee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What version of Keurig do you have vitauta? The programmable ones have a menu button and it scrolls through Auto on/off, time settings, brew temp etc. Mine is on the little round screen where the clock is located. Top right hand side.

i bought keurig's 'elite' (b60) after my b70 platinum started acting up in january. the b60 does not appear to be programmable. but, i guess i have made peace with my too-hot coffeemaker. oddly enough, it seems my new keurig brews hotter than the deluxe platinum before it....

never trust anyone under the age of thirty, or who doesn't know what a doohickey is....:)

I agree. I have a doohickey and a thingamagig. Even my hardware man knows about them. He sold them to me.

:wacko: And for those who are too young to know, a Doohickey is not a mark on your neck. :angel:

As I mentioned earlier, SO brought home a Keurig. It is the Platinum K75 model with 12 coffees for $180 (Kohl's).

I did some checking and found a K75 at Costco for $149. with 60 coffees and a refillable cup so we can brew our own coffee. So I bought the Costco K75 and SO will return the other to Kohl's.

Now we have to give it a try and see if we like it.

My thanks to everyone who offered advice and their experiences.

I have alot of whatchamacallits, it's seems as I get older I have more of them along with doohickeys, thingamabobs/jigs and so on, and a l know alot of people called whatshername, whatsherbutt or "his" I could go on and on, if only I could remember........... ;)

Just to keep on topic here, Andy please let us know what you think of your new "brewer"!

Last edited:
I have alot of whatchamacallits, it's seems as I get older I have more of them along with doohickeys, thingamabobs/jigs and so on, and a l know alot of people called whatshername, whatsherbutt or "his" I could go on and on, if only I could remember........... ;)

Just to keep on topic here, Andy please let us know what you think of your new "brewer"!

Most of my friends are named whatshername. Hard to tell them apart.

Andy, good luck with your new purchase. Enjoy! :angel:

I just finished setting up and programming the coffee maker. I brewed a 12 ounce cup of Newman's Special Blend - Extra Bold Medium Roast. I can attest it's hot enough. It smelled great filling the cup and tastes pretty good.

I just finished setting up and programming the coffee maker. I brewed a 12 ounce cup of Newman's Special Blend - Extra Bold Medium Roast. I can attest it's hot enough. It smelled great filling the cup and tastes pretty good.

Witht he cost of k-cups and the maker I would think it better be better than "pretty good". You can get "pretty good" a lot cheaper. :cool:

Super.

I'm fortunate enough to have K-cups at the local hardware store. I don't need to buy a boatload to get a decent price and I can change flavors instantly. What started out as a 5' wide section has turned into both sides of an aisle. I love that too sweet hot chocolate, too. Café Express or something like that. It's good when you need a chocolate fix.
I wasn't a fan of Newman's coffee, myself. Not strong enough.

aw frankZ, let's allow andy some space and time to test and taste, to experiment with and explore his new keurig toy and keurig's vast coffee fields, free from all other's coffee preferences. i am confident that andy will reach a scientifically sound assessment of the keurig subject, utilizing his usual logic-driven method of inquiry....

Last edited:
Witht he cost of k-cups and the maker I would think it better be better than "pretty good". You can get "pretty good" a lot cheaper. :cool:

You've made that point. I was taste testing one of the 60 free coffees we got with the pot. I can also use a 'My K-Cup' device to brew my usual coffee.

We bought this because we wanted the convenience. We were tired of brewing two pots of coffee so SO could have her decaf and I could have my dark roast.

what was it about greatcoffee.com again? better prices for keurig brands?

Good prices, low shipping cost. Unfortunately they won't ship to me and have no plans to do so. Which is OK. I'll stick with Tweed and Hickory, the prices are wicked good and the little tea bag coffee things are more environmentally friendly and cheap as heck too. ($12.99 for 50). I am constantly trolling for good deals. I'll post if I find any super deals.

Back
Top Bottom