Help with coffee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My DIL has one of these. I make tea without a k-cup all the time. I found a box of Tazo Awake tea in K-cups to take along next time I go to her house though! :)

The Celestial Seasoning teas are in K-Cups, now. I have Earl Grey and Sleepytime.

Pac, I'm glad you fixed your coffee problem and have back up info for the next time you are in a mood to change up your coffee maker.:)

drank the same coffee for years .. had a cup one morning and it tasted foul ..
took me years of dealing with coffee i did not like before i found one i really enjoy ..
eight o clock italian roast .. we grind it each morning .. i love it ..and we have a run of the mill coffee maker ..

...Pac, I'm glad you fixed your coffee problem and have back up info for the next time you are in a mood to change up your coffee maker.:)

Yeah, lot's of information tp file away.
If my current maker bites the dust for real I can see me stepping into a Keurig. Hopefully by then the Vue will come down in price, as well as the V cups, and someone will offer an empty V cup to use your own grounds.

Yeah, lot's of information tp file away.
If my current maker bites the dust for real I can see me stepping into a Keurig. Hopefully by then the Vue will come down in price, as well as the V cups, and someone will offer an empty V cup to use your own grounds.

LOL! I saw the V-Cups and smacked my self hard on the hand and said, "NO!"

took me years of dealing with coffee i did not like before i found one i really enjoy ..
eight o clock italian roast .. we grind it each morning .. i love it ..and we have a run of the mill coffee maker ..
Eight O'clock seems to have improved a lot since Tata bought the brand.

Eight O'clock was the houre brand for the A&P. I don't know if they are still around. But the brand has survived. :angel:

My uncle used to grind his own in the A&P store, Eight O'clock brand. I still remember, as I used to spend my Friday's with him when I was a kid. He bought his produce at Scolio's if anyone is interested, lol ;^)
I see Eight O'clock on the shelves at the grocery stores, but there hasn't been an A&P in my area in years.

My uncle used to grind his own in the A&P store, Eight O'clock brand. I still remember, as I used to spend my Friday's with him when I was a kid. He bought his produce at Scolio's if anyone is interested, lol ;^)
I see Eight O'clock on the shelves at the grocery stores, but there hasn't been an A&P in my area in years.

We shop at a regional chain that carries the old A&P coffees and a grinder. We tried that for a while and didn't see a significant difference.

Frankly, most mornings, I don't find myself rating the taste of the coffee. I just need the caffeine delivered by a hot liquid. It gets me going and gets me going...

There are still one or two somewhere in the country. Dolly Madison was also a house brand of theirs. I think their house brands were bought by another company. :angel:

Well I found some more reports on the Vue vs Keurig's regular machine and at 80 cents/cup, yowza. Way more expensive than the K cup machines.
And that might be fine for folks who hit up coffee houses, but even in my world where I favor convenience it has me looking towards the cheaper K cup machines... if I go that route.
Today's coffee was bland, but drinkable. I am going to play with different amounts and then pick up a "better" brand to compare that. I think I have reached that point where I want a bit something more from my coffee in the way of flavor.

I prefer Yuban or if there is a Costco near the Kirkland is a really good coffee.

It has been years since I saw Yuban on the shelfs. In these parts it is Folgers and Maxwell House. You can buy other instant brands like expresso and some Italian ones. :angel:

then, on mornings nothing will do but a great cup of diner coffee (you can practically feel the fat white ceramic coffee cup hooked in your curled fingers)--you pop a 'donut shop' k cup into your keurig, sit back and taste the nostalgia....:)

How long have you been using your machine, Vit?
I can't believe all the reviews saying that Keurigs die right around the time the warranty runs out.

pac, i've only had my keurig for about 1 1/2 years, but i use it daily, and make a LOT of coffee! i have been reading some of those reviews about the early demise of keurig coffeemakers too. and that surprises me. after all, it think it is well known that keurig's profits come from selling k cups, not machines. it would certainly be in their best interests to sell reliable coffeemakers, and to back them with excellent customer service. that said, it looked to me that most of the problems/complaints concerned only certain models of the keurig machines, (and not mine). :)

Last edited:
I was almost ready to pull the trigger on one this morning when I saw all the bad reviews. Probably 70% good and 30% bad, but that's too much for my comfort.
Amazon has one for 189, the Platinum, that comes with a bunch of K cups and also the refillable cup. It seemed like a good deal, but not if it's going to quit in a year.

Keurig customer service is tops in my view. A huge problem I had turned into an easy to fix problem and I was back to my coffee brewing within 30 minutes. Little time on the phone with a nice rep and Bazinga...coffee.

I've read great things about their customer service and how they will easily replace the broken machines.

Back
Top Bottom