Help with coffee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've read great things about their customer service and how they will easily replace the broken machines.

if there is a major flaw with the keurig coffee machines, then i think the company should offer an extended warranty at no cost to the customer. it would go a ways toward winning those keurig-leaning minds and hearts, wouldn't you say?:)

(mulling this over with a second steaming cup of timothy's dark french roast merrily brewing) ahh, yess....

It certainly would! It's really the only thing holding me back at this point.
As I was filling the caraffe this morning for 6 cups I was telling myself I could have been drinking a cup out of the Keurig brewer in that time. I have really low water pressure in my kitchen for some reason.

I've read great things about their customer service and how they will easily replace the broken machines.

Mine wasn't broken, just had a manufacturer's defect and they sent me a brand new one. I had to send them a piece to prove I wasn't just scamming them but that was no biggie for me. I was impressed with both the service and the speed of delivery.

Pacanis, if you have a Costco, the machine that sells for $189 has a My K Cup included ($15-$20 value) and also about 30 pods to try out. That's a pretty good deal. And COSTCO'S return policy is bar none the best ever. You have an issue, just take anything back and they're on it.

I did see my machine on sale at Walmart for $114 though. Its regularly about $170.

No Costco, Alix, but it sounds like you are describing the same deal I mentioned above at Amazon. Maybe I'll take a drive to Wally Word today and see if they have the same deal, as Amzon was not giving free shipping with any of the ones they had listed.

Try the keurig.com site too. Sometimes they have deals on there.

In all honesty, I have a hard time cross-referencing what I see on their site to what I see at online stores. It appears the stores offer certain models I don't see on Keurig's site and vice-versa. :wacko:
The best deal I found though was that same one you mentioned Costco has. Keurig just has free shipping on most models. They are really pushing their Vue model with all the accesories and V cups...

I'm thinking of trying some of those san francisco cups that vituata was talking about. Vue shmoo. Got my k cups, I'm good to go.

In all honesty, I have a hard time cross-referencing what I see on their site to what I see at online stores. It appears the stores offer certain models I don't see on Keurig's site and vice-versa. :wacko:
The best deal I found though was that same one you mentioned Costco has. Keurig just has free shipping on most models. They are really pushing their Vue model with all the accesories and V cups...

I noticed a Cuisinart version of the K brewer that takes the cups and the refillable one. I guess if you can use your own favorite coffee, a cup costs a lot less than buying the Keurig pre-filled ones. It had slightly higher ratings.

I saw the Cuisinart and Mr Coffee K cup brewers on their site, too. It surprised me, but like someone said above, they are making their money on the K cups. I suppose they don't care whose machine gets bought as long as they can keep selling those K cups. The refillable cup makes it much more of a practical purchase IMO. Especially from a cost factor.

One site I was on folks were saying that the timing of the Vue coffee maker coincided with Keurig's patent on the K cup running out. Figures they would come out with a machine that addresses some concerns with their old line (and is also more versatile) and give it a proprietory cup to use. There's no reason the Vue machine could not have been designed to work with K cups. Well, except for them making more money, lol.

Last edited:
Do they really think the public is so stupid, that we won't see through their trying to get our very last cent? :angel:

Oh I'm sure their marketing department told them we'd buy it anyway... or eventually ;)

No Costco, Alix, but it sounds like you are describing the same deal I mentioned above at Amazon. Maybe I'll take a drive to Wally Word today and see if they have the same deal, as Amzon was not giving free shipping with any of the ones they had listed.
Costco online: Search Results: keuring

"Non-members pay an additional surcharge."

qvc has keurig b70 for 159.95, plus 15.22 for s&h---divided up into six monthly payments. comes with: my k cup, and 48 coffee k cups, i yr. limited warranty.

i'm relaxing with a tall mug of deidrich's colombia coffee, one of the last ones...deidrich apparently 'retired' this perfectly lovely blend that i've been enjoying so many mornings for so many months...kinda wish i hadn't found out about that at all.:( but, there are so many new coffees to try these days that i really can't stay bummed for too long....:)

i'm three hours late getting my wake-up coffee fix this morning. "parisian nights" is a strange coffee choice for a morning brew, but sometimes you just feel the need for that extra blast to yes, 'chase the fog' blanketing your slow-moving brain. wait for it...here it comes, yes, clarity--peeking through at last. :)

My Cuisinart drip machine has relinquished itself to the demands that it brew good coffee again, so I am once again enjoying a few cups in the morning.
That doesn't mean I don't want to speed things up though. I'll see what sales Black Friday brings.

now that pac is showing a renewed interest in coffeemakers, i thought i'd make myself useful and bring back his coffee thread, so's it'd be easy to get to, in the case of a stray coffee thought, wandering about, in need of being nailed down....

Last edited:
Appears Pac is about to spring for a Keurig. If I drank much coffee, I would get one too.

This is a good time of year to buy a keurig, or other maker, everyone has them on sale. I bought one for my mom, shipped from Macy's, I got a good deal combining discounts.

Back
Top Bottom