Help with coffee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's still sitting there... on the porch. I had other things to tend to today. I'll probably open it shortly.
I think it came with four cups of something. Plus I've got those two eko-brew cups for my own Folgers ground. I'm really curious about trying the on sale brands I get, as that will truly let me know if it was my old machine going bad or not. But like said, the true benefit of one of these is the simplicity of dropping a K-cup in and filling up the land fills :LOL:

I do believe there is some Italian roast coffee in there somewhere... and some French and some Nantuckett and some Caribou and some other stuff, lol.

The Caribou coffees are really worth the price when you want something special. Daybreak is a lighter roast, but packs a caffiene punch that rattles my teeth. I like the Caribou Obsidian, good dessert coffee with some chocolate liqueur.

No Daybreak, but it sounds like I'll have to get some.
My samplers came with a Newman's Own, also. Dang, he makes everything.
And I've got a tea called Sleepytime... sleep inducer? hmmm...
Too many choices!

No Daybreak, but it sounds like I'll have to get some.
My samplers came with a Newman's Own, also. Dang, he makes everything.
And I've got a tea called Sleepytime... sleep inducer? hmmm...
Too many choices!

Sleepytime is perfect for mellowing just before bedtime. Have fun and remember you do have to sleep tonight or Santa won't be able to stop by!:)

Strike Newman's Own off the list, too. Too bland. It doesn't pack the flavor of the Donut Shop cup, which is in the lead so far.

I kind of already figured that, Vit. Especially since I got two of those, lol.

Strike Newman's Own off the list, too. Too bland. It doesn't pack the flavor of the Donut Shop cup, which is in the lead so far.

At one time in these here parts, McD's couldn't giver away their coffee. So they tried Newmans Own. Another loser. Didn't last long. :angel:

pf, have you had either of these (k cups) coffee blends from gmc--extra bold sumatran reserve, or extra bold, kenyan aa? anyone? and how would you rate them, please. i'm about to bid on ebay for one of them. there're about five hours before the end of this auction. thanks.

Sorry, counting on me during the week is iffy! I'm at work! But, the Sumatran is a solid 10/10 for me. It's one that I keep all the time. Our favorites: Dark Magic, Double Black Diamond, Sumatran (Green Mountain Coffee) Tully's House blend for the caffiene kick, Caribou Obsidian and Daybreak. Then a few of the teas.

you never go online while at work, pf? during one of your breaks (of course). in your office...which, i'm guessing here, has a door.:)

...all so you can talk k cups in total privacy :)

you never go online while at work, pf? during one of your breaks (of course). in your office...which, i'm guessing here, has a door.:)

...all so you can talk k cups in total privacy :)

Absolutely not, if I am online I'm looking up a medication I can't find in the drug book. Otherwise, I'm taking care of 50 patients, no time for cruising the Internet. What's a "break"? :)

pf, we already know what a dedicated nurse you are, the devotion and love you have for your patients. it is still heartening to be reminded sometimes, of your undiverted attention to your responsibilities and your work.

I am feeling very lonely right now. Am I the only person left on earth that does not have a K coffee maker? And I really have no strong hankering to own one. Let's face it. I am weird. :(:angel:

I am feeling very lonely right now. Am I the only person left on earth that does not have a K coffee maker? And I really have no strong hankering to own one. Let's face it. I am weird. :(:angel:

Addie, no you are not "weird" nor are you the only one without a "K" coffee maker. ;). I am enjoying a cup of coffee made in my Bodum press this morning. I haven't used it in a while. It tastes pretty good!

I just hung up from talking with my daughter. She was waiting for her husband to come out of the bathroom so she could have her turn there. She made herself a cup of K coffee while we were talking and managed to finish it. So she is naking a second cup to take in the outhouse with her. The door is open. She is feeling weak, and tonight she starts this month's chemo. But she does have her K coffee maker that she got last year for Christmas. Her life support. :angel:

I recieved the single cup model as a Christmas gift, which is great because I wouldn't spend that much on myself. I was also given the reusable filter which allows for the use of your own coffee, plus a few varieties of the K-cups. I tried my regular coffee (Maxwell House) and found it to be a bit weak. I suspect this may be due to my coffee being a regular grind. I wonder if it would help to buzz it a few times in the coffee grinder to produce a finer grind? I do like being able to make a single cup with no waste.

I received the single cup model as a Christmas gift, which is great because I wouldn't spend that much on myself. I was also given the reusable filter which allows for the use of your own coffee, plus a few varieties of the K-cups. I tried my regular coffee (Maxwell House) and found it to be a bit weak. I suspect this may be due to my coffee being a regular grind. I wonder if it would help to buzz it a few times in the coffee grinder to produce a finer grind? I do like being able to make a single cup with no waste.

I drink a LOT of coffee each day. Two or three full pots. I like the idea that the pot is there with coffee in it and I don't have to stop and make a cup from scratch. Just pour a cup and pop it in the micro. I shut the pot off as soon as it finishes. That way it is not sitting there evaporating and getting too strong. I really have no desire to own a K coffee maker. But everyone I know that has one, they love it. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom