Help with coffee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks!
I didn't find that section before. Those are some good deals.

Good coffee too. We buy them for work and the preferences there are French Dark roast, Columbian, and Highland Grogg.

Just finishing a cup of Tully's French Roast and I like it. SO made a cup with her own coffee. She said it was a little strong. Fewer grinds next time.

Good coffee too. We buy them for work and the preferences there are French Dark roast, Columbian, and Highland Grogg.

So many to choose from... :huh::wacko:

I imagine the best thing to do is look for a sampler box or order the smaller quantities, like I did already with the K cups, until I find one I like. Then I'll commit to 50.

My favorites:

Green Mountain
Dark Magic - dark roast
Double Black Diamond -dark roast
Sumatran Reserve - dark roast

Tully's
Breakfast Blend - light roast
House Blend - medium roast

Caribou
Daybreak - med roast
Obsidian - dark roast

I get all Extra Bolds, because I like lots of coffee (10-12 oz) and a couple of teas.

Yeah, but I mean those Kienna pods.
It adds a whole bunch more flavors to the Keurig arsenal.

You've made that point. I was taste testing one of the 60 free coffees we got with the pot. I can also use a 'My K-Cup' device to brew my usual coffee.

We bought this because we wanted the convenience. We were tired of brewing two pots of coffee so SO could have her decaf and I could have my dark roast.

Andy,

As long as you are happy that is what matters.

Ok, so I suppose yer SO can be happy too. :)

pacanis, with the coffee pods you can create your own sampler. There is a link somewhere that will walk you thru it. You can do 50 different samples if you like. We did a 25 pack and got a couple of each type to see who liked what. Its a very smart way to let folks try their product without committing to giant portions. You do need the little adapter thingy though.

Oh, their customer service rocks too. They sent me the wrong stuff once. Told me to enjoy it and sent me a replacement asap.

Thanks Alix, you answered two thoughts (questions) with one post.
I noticed that little adapter thingy when I cruised Kienna's actual website. I hadn't seen the adapter mentioned on Tweed's site. It looks different than the one I have for brewing bulk coffee, so surmised that one would not work as well.
Maybe if I call and throw together a sampler package they will throw it in.

Sometimes they have coupon specials, but the one that added the adapter was on last month. You just missed it. Its only $7 I think.

Its the coffee pods. Here is the link. Look for Santa's Blend. Very smooth, medium roast. Says its flavored but its not really.

Alix, what kind of brewer do you use these pods with? We have a senseo at work, the pods that it uses look quite the same. We find it increasingly difficult to find pods for the Senseo in the grocery stores, maybe these will work.

I have a Keurig. I don't know if they would work, but I suspect they would. You can buy a 10 sized sampler and give it a try. Not too expensive that way. I just realized that Bed, Bath and Beyond carried these too.

I've noticed a wide variance in K-Cup prices. BB&B had them today for $1 each in a 12 pack. Our supermarket had them for $6 for a 12 pack. Costco has them for about $0.38 each in a 50 pack.

SO likes the Nantucket Blend and I really like the Tully's French Roast. I also tried a cup of Dunkin Donuts dark roast using the My K-Cup thingy.

Sadly, SO is dangerous with new gadgets. She gets up earlier than I in the morning. So the night before, I filled the My K-Cup with her decaf. I explained that when she came to the kitchen, the coffee maker would be on and the water would be hot and all she had to do was press the BREW button.

When I came down later, she was all upset, had reprogrammed the clock on the Keurig and changed the cup size. She actually got a cup of coffee out of it.

This last night I explained it all again, stressing that all she had to do was press the BREW button. When she got up, she decided she wanted a Nantucket Blend so she took out the My K-cup and put in the NB cup, not realizing she had to put in the K cup holder. She got a cup of hot water. Then she figured that part out and got a cup of coffee. In the process, she had scrambled the clock and reset it for PM instead of AM.

I don't know if the coffee maker or I will be the first to break down.

Times change, things change. SO and I are now considering a one cup coffee maker. After reading this and a couple of other threads on where to get coffee, I'm floundering is a sea of information.

So, one step at a time.

Fred, I see you bought a commercial model (#145). Are you happy with that/are there any issues? Do you know if there are still issues with the Platinum series?

We use mugs that hold about 10 ounces of coffee (before cream). Do we need different K-Cups pr do we do 2 K-Cups to fill a mug?
If you only want one cup at a time with an optional refill a small cafetiere is your best bet. Ground coffee in the glass container - boil kettle - pour water just off the boil onto the grounds - allow to brew for a few minutes (depends on your personal taste) - stir - pres down plunger - pour into cup - drink. Seemples as the meerkats say.

If you only want one cup at a time with an optional refill a small cafetiere is your best bet. Ground coffee in the glass container - boil kettle - pour water just off the boil onto the grounds - allow to brew for a few minutes (depends on your personal taste) - stir - pres down plunger - pour into cup - drink. Seemples as the meerkats say.

All set, thanks.

I've noticed a wide variance in K-Cup prices. BB&B had them today for $1 each in a 12 pack. Our supermarket had them for $6 for a 12 pack. Costco has them for about $0.38 each in a 50 pack.

SO likes the Nantucket Blend and I really like the Tully's French Roast. I also tried a cup of Dunkin Donuts dark roast using the My K-Cup thingy.

Sadly, SO is dangerous with new gadgets. She gets up earlier than I in the morning. So the night before, I filled the My K-Cup with her decaf. I explained that when she came to the kitchen, the coffee maker would be on and the water would be hot and all she had to do was press the BREW button.

When I came down later, she was all upset, had reprogrammed the clock on the Keurig and changed the cup size. She actually got a cup of coffee out of it.

This last night I explained it all again, stressing that all she had to do was press the BREW button. When she got up, she decided she wanted a Nantucket Blend so she took out the My K-cup and put in the NB cup, not realizing she had to put in the K cup holder. She got a cup of hot water. Then she figured that part out and got a cup of coffee. In the process, she had scrambled the clock and reset it for PM instead of AM.

I don't know if the coffee maker or I will be the first to break down.

I am not laughing...:rolleyes:

Shrek has fits when he notices I have put a mug on that we haven't tested for size...really goes nuts when he notices I've hit the 12 ounce at the same time...:LOL:

I am not laughing...:rolleyes:

Shrek has fits when he notices I have put a mug on that we haven't tested for size...really goes nuts when he notices I've hit the 12 ounce at the same time...:LOL:

hah, men! and, you ARE testing it for size.:)

i think andy is gonna be okay. did you know, he even has a 'thingy' now. very promising, i'd say....:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom