Help with coffee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I still prefer the Donut Shop coffee in the K-cups. I didn't care for Newman's and Nantucket was too weak.
Flavored coffees? That's what hot chocolate is for ;)
I still need to get around to ordering a sample pack of the Kinns... (whatever) coffee pods.

Nantucket Blend is made for an 8 ounce cup, it is not an Extra Bold flavor for 10 & 12 ounces.

I am finally down to no half and half in my coffee, just sugar. Now I get to cut back on that. Trying to get healthy is killing me!!!

We are wimps. We use the factory mug pre-set. DH will drink an occasional dishwater/used tennis shoe cup of coffee at work. I don't drink work coffee at all.

Used to be, we would have a nice home brewed coffee on weekends. We like a good, flavorful, strong coffee, but then we shake and jitter out the door. I used to have a Gevalia Kenyan subscription, but we shook and jittered away from that. Really good coffee, too heavy on the caffeine.

This Keurig machine is such fun, and so far, no caffeine OD! Love the Nantucket!

Last edited:
You have to take out the black K-cup holder that's in the coffee maker so you can use the My K-Cup with your own coffee.

This morning I found out what happens when you put a K-Cup in the coffee maker, close the lid and press BREW without putting the black K-Cup holder back in.

Since no hole has been punched in the bottom of the k-Cup, the water just dribbles out all over the place then the coffeemaker just sits there telling me it's brewing. I opened the lid and more water ran out. When it stopped, I replaced the black K-Cup holder and reintroduced the K-Cup and brewed again. I got about a half cup of something which I tossed.

I restarted with a fresh K-Cup and got a nice cup of coffee. Live and learn.

You have to take out the black K-cup holder that's in the coffee maker so you can use the My K-Cup with your own coffee.

This morning I found out what happens when you put a K-Cup in the coffee maker, close the lid and press BREW without putting the black K-Cup holder back in.

Since no hole has been punched in the bottom of the k-Cup, the water just dribbles out all over the place then the coffeemaker just sits there telling me it's brewing. I opened the lid and more water ran out. When it stopped, I replaced the black K-Cup holder and reintroduced the K-Cup and brewed again. I got about a half cup of something which I tossed.

This is VERY good information.

Thanks Andy!

I have an aftermarket brew-your-own and you don't have to remove anything from the machine to use it. It's shaped pretty much like a K-cup.

Thanks, I'll check it out. There will be times when SO and I want our own coffee and this would save washing out the thing between cups.

I have never been a fan of anything hazelnut.

I have tried numerous flavored coffees and never found anything that kept an interest. I don't want a mocha flavored coffee, I will take a mocha though. I have always said I favor bold simple flavors.

Sounds like a smart way to go. I just don't drink flavored coffee because I'm an old stick-in-the-mud who doesn't like change.

Ditto here Andy. Coffee please. Just plain coffee. House brand will do at Dunkie's. Otherwise, Folger's. :angel:

Every once in a while the filter cone doesn't seat itself right in the coffeemaker. We'll hear the coffee start to drip and before you know it you can hear the coffee hitting the warming burner and hissing all over! Since our pots range between 6 and 10 cups (depends on how the day started ;) ) we have some room for error - and that's a good thing!

I would say nothing Hazelnut flavored. Toasted hazelnuts are divine and I will never turn down Nutella...well except for the excessive sugar rush...

Not even hazelnuts with chocolate? Ritter-Sport make a to-die-for chocolate bar (milk or dark) with whole hazelnuts. It's my go-to bite of decadence. (I'm easy to please. ;) )

Just not a fan of the hazelnut. There are enough other things that get the chocolate coating so you get to have all the hazelnuts coated in chocolate.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom