Herbal Teas And Aromatherapy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought they were inedible as they have little barbs inside them. I never thought of making tea with them. I will give it a go though. Likely not this year as they are pretty withered and frostbitten. In the late summer I'll pick them and try it out. Remind me!

Presuming they work for me. They do have it in tea form, also in tinctures.

Barbs? Dunno about that. Maybe berries aren't the way to go. Darn, I was thinking on munching roasted berries for a snack.

All the sites I visited raved about the use for lowering blood pressure, and they are definitely cheap. I have great hopes.

My blood pressure is so sensitive, that I can easily feel changes in it. I got some decaf coffee today. Depending on how much salt I've had the day before, sometimes, just a sip or two of regular coffee sends it soaring.

I bought a rotisserie chicken today. Delicious, but the salt was very noticable. I'll have to use constraint with the rest of it. GRRRRrrrrr.

Hawthorn...may try that. Even with the meds I take and the diet restrictions...I'm still border line high.

taxlady said:
I think the fruit of the hawthorn was called a haw.

I remember a show back in the ’70s called "Hee Haw". Must have been about thorny berries that help reduce blood pressure.

I've been doing more research on Hawthorne. It sounds like it's made just for me. ALL my health issues are listed. PAD, angina, insomnia, anxiety, stress.... and so on.

The bottle I bought yesterday said one a day 575 mg. capsule, but research informed me that no matter the type, syrup, tincture or capsule should be taken 3 times a day. I'm going to go with that since you can't overdose. I also got the information that noticeable results can start within several days.

In combination with the cayenne, I should be in great physical shape soon.

Back
Top Bottom