Thank you for that info, Princess (and selkie and hoot too and all)...very interesting
I think they use liquid nitrogen to make the fog you see in stage productions for entertainment. They don't use dry ice as that only fogs when combined with a hot liquid and only last 10-15 minutes until the liquid cools off...it continues to bubble but significantly less. I believe I read that somewhere.
I was thinking there might be a little liquid nitrogen as part of the make-up of dry ice to aid it's fogging longevity. If there isn't then maybe there should be? I might be onto something...but then dry ice wouldn't be food-grade anymore.
I remember little bits and pieces of what I read...a little knowledge is a dangerous thing they say
But then again, I like what Kahlil Gibran said, "A little knowledge that acts is worth infinitely more than much knowledge that is idle".
Just whatever you do...keep me outta the science lab!!