How do YOU crush ice?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love that expression. Another one I heard was in relation to what the Queen owns. The swans belong to Queen. My first husband came from the Lakes District in Cockermouth. Marrying him and I had to learn a whole new language. When I would get a baffled lok on my face, he would get so exasperated with me. He hadn't been in this country too long, so it was a learning lesson for him also.

I once read a book written my a former American soldier stationed in England during The War. It was hilarious. All about the differences in our language in common. Or not so common. He had desk duty and one lovely young lady asked him if he had a 'rubber.' He had to ask a male in the office why would she ask him that? He was in a state of shock. His first thought was that maybe it was her way of telling him he might get lucky that night. I was on the floor reading that book. :ROFLMAO:
I learned some Brit expressions from a South African boy friend (like rubber - eraser) and whole lot from my ex who was from just outside Edinburgh, Scotland.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom