Instant coffee?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There's probably a decent brand that is lot cheaper per serving. Might have to buy in bulk though.

I highly doubt there's another brand as good and cheaper. I've lurked through coffee forums and back-packing forums and many are happy with the VIA and have said that it is the best instant coffee. So I decided to give it a try. It was very good.
They are a bit cheaper at Costco.

I bought some Starbucks Via instant coffee to take backpacking with me. I tried it last night at camp and it was very good, way better than the Folgers packets I've been using.
But at about 75 cents per serving they are pricey.View attachment 26569

Our camping days are in our past... I'd love to, once again, wake on a chilly morning, reignite the campfire, heat water and spend 75 cents to hold a mug of coffee.. Good value in that circumstance... :)

I don't think 75 cents is exhorbitant, roadfix, especially if it tastes good. You're better off than if you were paying $5 for a Starbucks.

For perspective, $0.75/cup is a lot for a K-cup. We pay in the vicinity of $0.50-$0.60/K-cup for Starbucks at Costco. I don't drink instant coffee but it's good to know there is a decent option.

My father only has one cup of coffee aday, and it is instant coffee. He also uses oleo margarine. I call it The Great Depression mentality.

When I am there I buy real butter and I have a Nespresso machine and make him a Cafe Americano and he drinks it. He has an aide that makes his breakfast every morning, but I think she is too dumb to figure out how to use the Nespresso machine.

Last edited:
For perspective, $0.75/cup is a lot for a K-cup. We pay in the vicinity of $0.50-$0.60/K-cup for Starbucks at Costco. I don't drink instant coffee but it's good to know there is a decent option.
It might be a little too much for roadfix to drag a Keurig along on his backpack camping trip, though, so the Via pack sounds better. ;)

Back
Top Bottom