"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beverages and Wine

Old 09-22-2016, 01:50 PM   #51
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CakePoet View Post
I'm a Swede, who cant drink coffee. Yeah that is messed up for being a Swede, our social life revolves around coffee. My Scottish husband drinks coffee, like a Swede now, he used to drink instant, he refuses now a day and his parents used to drink instant and we are now sending coffee from Sweden to them.

Instant exist here in Sweden but it isnt as popular as ground coffee, people like making a pot in the morning and drinking it all before work. Yes, starting your day with 1- 2 cup of coffee is normal here.
It's pretty normal here, too. Some prefer tea, but coffee is more common.

Old 09-22-2016, 02:04 PM   #52
Sous Chef

We are third on the list on most coffee consumed per person in the world, Finland and the Netherlands bets us.

I drink tea, a lot of tea....

Old 09-22-2016, 02:23 PM   #53
Master Chef

I haven't experienced Finland"s coffee though I would love to, but i know that the Netherlands' are great, too.........we have about 20 pounds of their Douwe Egberts in our pantry right now..........:) because of where we live we go thru Schipol a lot........give me the name of some good Finnish coffees and I will look for them......:)
Old 09-22-2016, 02:36 PM   #54
Sous Chef

I'm Swedish , I would say go for Arvid Nordquist Classic. But even IKEAS is good, not great but good. Zoega is also good brand. But also up to the water quality which coffee works and dont work.
Old 09-22-2016, 06:31 PM   #55
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatgirl View Post
I haven't experienced Finland"s coffee though I would love to, but i know that the Netherlands' are great, too.........we have about 20 pounds of their Douwe Egberts in our pantry right now..........:) because of where we live we go thru Schipol a lot........give me the name of some good Finnish coffees and I will look for them......:)

Because where you are right now switch to tea. Though, I bet they do drink a lot of coffee, don't they? How is their coffee? Traditionally Middle East is considered very good coffee. That is if you like very strong coffee.
Old 09-22-2016, 10:33 PM   #56
Head Chef

Location: The Gateway to the Grand Canyon, wishing I was back home in Hawaii
For my husband and I, we have a Keurig and drink strong (Kirkland brand Pacific Bold made by Green Mountain) coffee; I'm one cup a day, DH is 3-4/day.
When we are traveling and away from our beloved brewed coffee, we have with us, always, Starbuck's Via Columbia Instant Coffee from Costco too, which is a medium roast, but quite strong, we think, and does the trick. We also travel with our half and half as well as Truvia (stevia) sweetener, oh and our retro plastic coffee mugs come with us too. (way cool, right? my Mom found these for me. I had been looking for them for YEARS! Perfect for traveling)
<edit-wait, it's this one the Tupperware brand mugs https://wanelo.com/p/54575544/vintag...n-green-orange)

I'm also a one cup a day Peppermint tea kinda gal, don't know why, but that's what I like after breakfast.
Old 09-22-2016, 10:53 PM   #57
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Instant coffee?

After DH and I quit drinking coffee on a regular basis, many years ago, we now both might have just a cup or two with the Keurig, usually on the weekend, and not after 2pm, otherwise we jitter through the day. I do like strong flavored coffee, it doesn't like me.

I made a lovely home-made Kahlua with salvaged hotel coffee a while back, both ground and instant. Big mistake. We didn't think we were going to be able to sleep for days. It was like the caffeine stuff (NoDoze) we used in college to study for exams, but for elephants.
Old 09-22-2016, 11:14 PM   #58
Head Chef

Location: The Gateway to the Grand Canyon, wishing I was back home in Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
After DH and I quit drinking coffee on a regular basis, many years ago, we now both might have just a cup or two with the Keurig, usually on the weekend, and not after 2pm, otherwise we jitter through the day. I do like strong flavored coffee, it doesn't like me.

I made a lovely home-made Kahlua with salvaged hotel coffee a while back, both ground and instant. Big mistake. We didn't think we were going to be able to sleep for days. It was like the caffeine stuff (NoDoze) we used in college to study for exams, but for elephants.
BAHAHAHA! Somehow, I can see that ...
Old 09-23-2016, 12:54 AM   #59
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieD View Post
Because where you are right now switch to tea. Though, I bet they do drink a lot of coffee, don't they? How is their coffee? Traditionally Middle East is considered very good coffee. That is if you like very strong coffee.
oh, my, yes.........many here drink tea (chai).........but coffee as well.......so we're lucky in that we can find all kinds of coffee brands, too........anything to energize the ticker!
Old 09-23-2016, 01:18 AM   #60
Sous Chef

I had to as Lady B, she is American living in Sweden about the difference in Swedish coffee and American. I got look of are you kidding me, well she used to have strong American coffee 5 cups a day, she tried the same with Swedish medium roast and she was bouncing and shaking and couldnt sleep. So according to her Swedish coffee is much stronger.

I just now that right now my kitchen smells of new baked chocolate chip cookies with hint of hazelnuts, thanks to my husband making coffee and cooking oatmeal porridge at the same time.

« Hot Lemonade | - »