Instant coffee?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
one never refused a cup of tea in Egypt.........it, too, was considered rude........however, if you refused to put sugar in your tea, you were considered odd...not rude just odd.....:) So `i was odd.........

We keep a pot of coffee primed in our Mr. Coffee maker around the clock. Whoever takes the last cup has to hit the button to start the next pot. About every other day one of us will wash out the implements to the maker. Grounds basket, coffee pot, etc. :angel:

Oh to clean the coffee maker I use diluted distilled vinegar. Just brew this stuff and then with clean water and the machine is cleaned.

Well where I come from inn Sweden, if any one comes inside your door, you offer them coffee as sign of friendship and being welcomed into the house. And you either say yes or no or half cup or tea or water. Because no means I dont want your friendship and politeness and that is rude. Hence alot of coffee is needed sometimes.

Ok, that makes sense. I thought you consumed 500+ grams of coffee per week yourself.

The amount of grounds used to make a cup or pot of coffee varies greatly. I use 4 scoops (2 Tb each) of dark roast coffee beans for two 16 Oz. mugs of coffee. Many use a lot less. If you drink K-Cups, you don't use nearly that much.

1 coffee scoop per mug which about 250 ml water to one scoop which is about 1½ tablespoon.

Coffee, in general, is no good without Bushmill's, brown and white sugar, with whipped cream on top.:ROFLMAO:

The amount of grounds used to make a cup or pot of coffee varies greatly. I use 4 scoops (2 Tb each) of dark roast coffee beans for two 16 Oz. mugs of coffee. Many use a lot less. If you drink K-Cups, you don't use nearly that much.

I got so tired of the scoop, dump, scoop, dump process. So I scooped and dumped into a measuring cup. Then I threw the scoop out and placed the measuring cup in the coffee canister. One scoop, one dump. That measuring cup goes from canister to canister. It was blue plastic at one time. But it has been serving coffee for so long now, it is brown. Exactly a 1/3 cup for a 12 cup pot of coffee. I do not like sludge coffee. :angel:

I can handle caffeine, and have no effect on my sleep, but I don't think I can handle that much coffee every week....

I am already on my second half of my second pot today. I have been drinking coffee like this for so many years, that it no longer has a caffeine effect on me. But every three months or so, I get on a tea break. Black, a little sugar.

I used to own a Brown Betty tea pot. It even had a little lip inside on the wall to catch the tea leaves. Unfortunately I cannot find loose tea leaves near where I live without going into Fannuil Hall. Our local tourist trap. So I got rid of the tea pot. :angel:

For years and years I've used a moka express to do my coffee. I usually use Segafreddo or Lavazza Qualità Oro. In the morning I like a shot of it in a small coffee cup. I like it the way the Italians say it should be: dark as night, hot as hell and sweet as love. In the summer, I like iced coffee, more dilute than the traditional espresso style, with plenty of ice and sugar. Picks you up on a hot summer's day. Gives you go for the rest of the day. Any more than that and I get palpitations!

di reston

Enough is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde

I bought some Starbucks Via instant coffee to take backpacking with me. I tried it last night at camp and it was very good, way better than the Folgers packets I've been using.
But at about 75 cents per serving they are pricey.IMG_0085.JPG

I bought some Starbucks Via instant coffee to take backpacking with me. I tried it last night at camp and it was very good, way better than the Folgers packets I've been using.
But at about 75 cents per serving they are pricey.View attachment 26569

There's probably a decent brand that is lot cheaper per serving. Might have to buy in bulk though.

Folgers, Maxwell House, etc. are all horrible. Ugh. My dad used to drink Folgers instant. I wish I could go back in time and buy him a coffeemaker. I wasn't into food when I was still living at home.

Back
Top Bottom