Instant coffee?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roadfix

Chef Extraordinaire
I drink instant coffee, even though it is nasty tasting.
I drink it at work everyday.
I take my coffee black, no creme, no sugar.

So who else drinks instant coffee?

Here's my proof:

img_735120_0_b2eecdc1ca44e6586863351e0d58e3e9.jpg

We have an timer on our coffee maker. We just prepare it the night before, and it's done brewing when we wake up. I'll have one cup before I start my day, then carry an insulated cup to work, and then I'm usually done drinking coffee for the day...

I start off the morning with the same Instant but with a homemade cinnamon creamer. When I want a more serious cup I coarse grind some beans and use my French Press, made all the more convenient by an instant hot water maker that delivers the exact amount of water input.

I keep it around for baking.
Almost had to use it for drinking one day a few weeks ago... WHEW!

When I was little I would sneak spoonfuls of it straight. :angel:

Hmmm, wonder why I prefer a french roast or striaght up espresso these days. :ermm:

I think we need to take up a collection.... get him a new coffee maker with timer and some real coffee.....

But since we are in a confessional mood.... I lived on the stuff in college!:ohmy:

Hey, I do feel better now!

Buck always said that the ultimate cup of non-Joe is a cup of instant coffee, sweetened with artificial sweetener and lightened with non-dairy coffee creamer. No fuss, no muss, no coffee!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I'm not a coffee drinker, so I can't criticize those who are. Enjoy however you like it.

Last edited:
My mother drinks it every day and has for as long as I can remember (and I am not young)!:wacko: I do not drink it ever.....has to be the real thing for me.

As the ONLY coffee drinker in the house, I drink STORE BRAND DECAF INSTANT WITH NON-DAIRY POWDERED CREAMER each and every day. What of it?:mad: It ain't so bad...

I actually drink it EVERY DAY!!!:ohmy::ohmy: Maxwell house only because I didn't have a coffee maker since we moved to Ohio....but I actually just got this week for Christmas the new Hamilton Beach Brew Master but I havent used it yet because I forgot to buy grounds or beans for it :ermm:
I really don't mind instant if I dont have fresh but I of course prefer fresh brewed!!

I usually have a jar of instant Medaglia de Oro espresso in the cupboard. I use it in a biscotti recipe. I never thought of actually drinking it. For drinking, I buy green coffee beans and roast three days' worth at a time. Grind 'em as I use 'em. Boil filtered water in an old Revere whistler and pour over in a Revere drip-o-lator with a paper filter.

Ugh! Espresso in the morning, please; drip at work is marginally acceptable; stovetop perc for company. I still have some of my Gran's instant in the cupboard--15+ years and I'm still looking for a use.

I think Taster's Choice Instant would be an improvement over the stuff we have here at the office. I'm not sure what it is, but it certainly doesn't qualify as actual "coffee". :sick:

Ugh I hate instant coffee.... I am an addict though so I will drink anything to get my fix. I will drink nasty burned gas station coffee if necessary... if someone only has instant.. I will drink it

In the morning at home I use a french press it takes very little time and IMO make a better cup of coffee than my drip machine the only thing that sucks is its not on a timer.

I usually drink instant coffee - we never seem to have the time to make "real" coffee - but I don't really mind - we usually buy the Douw Egbert(Dutch) or Jacobs(German) brands which I really like. Most people I know just drink instant during the week - was quiet surprised when I read this thread and saw how many people hated it :ohmy: But then again my main reason for coffee is to wake up:LOL:

We uaually drink instant as DW doesn't particularly like other and says it is not worth the bother!!!! I prefer a proper coffee but a bit of hassle making a pot for myself when I do not bring coffee that much.

ewwww yuck. I cant do instant coffee. I have a timer on the coffee pot and its ready when I get up in the morning. And when I am at work if I want more we have all the things to make it with.

Well I just tried my new brew station, I bought a bag of Ghirardelli's moca caramel coffee....pretty darn good! Only problem....now I'm drinking TOO much coffee!!!:w00t2::w00t2::bounce::blink::shock:

Back
Top Bottom