ISO lemonade recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Try this one. You can tinker with it to adjust the tartness/sweetness of it by changing the sugar amount. Steeping the thin lemon slices extracts the lemon oil in the peel and imparts a nice lemony flavor.

KATIE’S LEMONADE
(Serves 6)

1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, including pulp (remove seeds)
¾ cup granulated sugar
4 cups spring water
2 lemons

Slice one of the lemons very, very thin (seeds removed) and set aside. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and ¾ cup of the water. Stir over medium heat until the sugar dissolves and you are left with a simple syrup. Remove from heat and stir in the thinly sliced lemon. Cover and refrigerate until fully chilled.

To serve, strain the chilled lemon syrup into a large pitcher, add the lemon juice, remaining water and the second lemon that has been cut into ¼-inch slices. Stir well and pour over ice.

Besides Lemon-Lime, I am sure there are other variations of Lemonade. It may be a combination of three or more fruits. Maybe it's some sort of lemon todie with mint.

SurvivorGirl said:
Thx! i have to go get lemons now!:)

Let me know if you make it and how it turns out. I love lemonaide. The store ones are so sugary though.

legend_018 said:
Let me know if you make it and how it turns out. I love lemonaide. The store ones are so sugary though.
there no way that i wouldn't make it:chef: The lemons are already on the shopping list;) i'll definetly get back to you asap!
i'm so craving lemonade at the mo'!

Katie E said:
combine the sugar and ¾ cup of the water. Stir over medium heat until the sugar dissolves and you are left with a simple syrup.
I don't recall making a simple syrup, but i've seen them made on tv, and they all tend to say that your not to stir the sugar and water, only to swirl it, it apparently prevents chrystalization.
Are you supposed to stir this one or swirl it? what do you do? Thx!:chef:

All I do is to heat the sugar and water enough to allow the sugar to begin to melt. Then I use a spoon to stir until I no longer feel the grittiness of the sugar on the bottom of the pan. By then I have a nice sugar syrup.

Katie E said:
All I do is to heat the sugar and water enough to allow the sugar to begin to melt. Then I use a spoon to stir until I no longer feel the grittiness of the sugar on the bottom of the pan. By then I have a nice sugar syrup.
ahh, thx for clearing that up:stuart:

I keep coming back to this thread. It's making me really want lemonade, but I have no ingredients on hand at the moment. I'll be trying this recipe very soon!

well I was at the market this mornign and saw a bag of lemons. I couldn't help myself. I'm making it now. The only difficulty was the following: I have a tool that allows you to squeeze out the juice, but it keeps the pulp and seed away. So after doing that, it was hard to cut the pulp out. Other than that, i'm looking forward to trying it later. I have my syrup cooling in the refrigerator.

SurvivorGirl said:
i'v also seen lemon with orange/grapefruit/lime and of course grenadene!!

I think that may have answered the question I was going to ask, I`ve seen Pink Lemonade, I wondered what made it Pink?

I assume it`s the addition of Grenadine/Pomagranite that does it :)

WOW, I might just end up drinking the whole thing in one day. ha ha.
I probably could of let it sit in the refrigerator longer, but I couldn't help myself. My husband doesn't like things too lemony...so I didn't cut up that last lemon that you cut into wedges at the end. but it's sooooooo good. I know it's not a hot summery day other there, but believe me, I'll be making this on a hot summer day when that day comes. Well I have to go, I have to go to the refrigerator and pour myself just one more glass.

Katie E said:
To serve, strain the chilled lemon syrup into a large pitcher, add the lemon juice, remaining water and the second lemon that has been cut into ¼-inch slices. Stir well and pour over ice.

oh coocoo, I forgot to strain it. I just mixed it all in with the sliced lemons.

YT2095 said:
I think that may have answered the question I was going to ask, I`ve seen Pink Lemonade, I wondered what made it Pink?

I assume it`s the addition of Grenadine/Pomagranite that does it :)

No, it's actually a shot of grape juice.

I just tried the lemonade and mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!
it's very good! I didn't add in the last lemon in as wedges, yet rather as just more juice (which worked well)!
I will definatly be making this again!!:chef:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom