ISO tips/ideas for homemade cocktail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
By the way, did you know that Babysham is making a come back in the UK?
Not a cocktail as such I know but very popular with the ladies in the late 50's- and 60's ;)

There used to be a Kapok Tree Inn here in Davie. The Planter's Punch was quite good. Quite potent too.;)

Kapok tree planter's punch - Rum - easy recipe

Do you mean Davie Florida? I lived in Davie before moving up here.
Have you been there long?
Did you know Mario's on Davie Blvd and Sterling road? It was in the corner where the grocery store was or is.

How bout the sub shop across the street from Mario's in the strip mall. It had a sign outside that said it was an ice cream shop.
Best subs ever.

Late 70's - 80's.

Last edited:
I don't recall those places. I remember The Ark restaurant and Batten's Berry Farm. The Ark was on Stirling just east of Davie Rd Extension and Batten's is on Davie Rd Extension, just north of Stirling. The Kapok Tree was north of Griffin Rd and west of Flamingo Rd. Almost parallel with, but way west of the Flamingo Gardens tourist trap. I think you have Davie Rd and Davie Blvd mixed. Davie Blvd is north of Griffin and runs east-west. Davie Rd is east of University Dr and runs north-south.

I don't live in Davie, I live in the Pines. Things have changed. The Alley is now a part of I-75. Somethings haven't changed. Holiday Park and Sawgrass Recreation Area are still there.

Last edited:
By the way, did you know that Babysham is making a come back in the UK?
Not a cocktail as such I know but very popular with the ladies in the late 50's- and 60's ;)
Not with this lady in her 60s. I had one or two when I was young and foolish but I never really took to them.

My mother used to like it way back when as part of a "brandy and Babycham".

I may be wrong but I seem to remember that in it's heyday the company made a dry and a sweet Babycham for a while.

It was the first alcoholic drink specifically aimed at women to be marketed in the UK

this is my favorite.

1/2 evaporated milk
1/2 Chocolate liquer
on the rocks. If you want to make it stronger add a splash of your favorite hard liquor, like vodka for example.

Ok, I'm totally confused on spelling here because there are too many choices in Spell Check. But i hope you know what I mean.

this is my favorite.

1/2 evaporated milk
1/2 Chocolate liquer
on the rocks. If you want to make it stronger add a splash of your favorite hard liquor, like vodka for example.

Ok, I'm totally confused on spelling here because there are too many choices in Spell Check. But i hope you know what I mean.
Looks to me like got them all right, except liqueur. That's a tricky one with the two "u"s. Yes, I used my spell checker, set to American English, instead of my regular Canadian English or "favorite" would have been wrong (favourite in Canadian English).

Oh, oh, Tequila sunrise. I can't think about those without thinking about a friend I had back in the '70s. We were at "Jean's", my favourite sleazy bar (that is no more). He walked out with his drink, a Tequila sunrise, in his hand. That wasn't the worst he had done at Jean's. Once he walked out with the toilet seat. :LOL:

Last edited:
Looks to me like got them all right, except liqueur. That's a tricky one with the two "u"s. Yes, I used my spell checker, set to American English, instead of my regular Canadian English or "favorite" would have been wrong (favourite in Canadian English).

:LOL: Here you go, to avoid confusion, make no mistake pictures:

Evaporated Milk : Canned & Powdered Milk - Walmart.com

Godiva liqueur (The Webtender)

BevMo! - Russian Standard Vodka

Now remember those are just the picture to compensate for my poor English. There are other brands that might be more for your taste. Though as far as Vodka goes Russian Standard Platinum is extremely fine product and bits pretty much any other vodka, if you ask me. :yum: :) ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom