Leftover coffee uses?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Instant coffee...ugh....LOL.....that's what my husband drinks. I drink "real" coffee and the leftovers are used for iced coffee which my husband really likes.....go figure.....

I know this does not fit in with the "leftover" aspect of the thread, but I have heard you can make a really good dry rub using espresso coffee grounds, brown sugar and kosher salt. I plan on trying this soon!

EricC:

There is a thread on here with a recipe entitled coffee Choco rub. It is for meat, but uses fine ground fresh roast instead of espresso. I can repost it here:

Coffee Choco Rub

Finely Ground French Roast Coffee
Finely ground Spanish Cocoa
Finely ground brown sugar
Hot Red Pepper powder
Finely Ground Cinnamon
Finely Ground Ginger
Kosher Salt

I do grind the brown sugar, or sieve it or something to make it as fine as possible. The quantities are listed in order. The coffee and cocoa are almost equal, the cocoa, slightly less. Then the brown sugar amount is just below the cocoa amount.

So, an example is:

1 cup coffee grounds (8 oz.)
1/2 to 3/4 cup cocoa (4-6 oz)
1/3 to 1/2 cup brown sugar (3 - 4 oz)

then just tablespoon or teaspoon amounts of seasonings, such as, based on the amounts above;
1 (or less) TBSP Hot Pepper
1 (or lesss)TBSP Cinnamon
1 - 2 TSP ground ginger
1 - 2 TSP Kosher Salt

As you can see, the measurements are flexible, but I follow these basic proportions when I make a new batch.

Now, as far as to what this can be applied, I have used it on EVERY protein main object, including;

Beef ribs
Beef steak
Beef stew chuncks
Ground Beef (burgers)

Pork Roast
Pork chops

Whole Roast Chicken
Roast Chicken parts
Slow Baked Crispy Chicken wings
Grilled Chicken Breasts

Whole Roast Turkey

Mahi-Mahi Steaks
Swordfish Steaks

Sauteed Shrimps

It does sound interesting, I plan on trying it sometime soon.

No dont refrigerate or freeze.
Use soon in cakes or deserts. If not used soon coffee becomes bitter.

Mel

Back
Top Bottom