Lemon always tastes bad in tea.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lemon always tastes good in tea. Hot, cold or whatever. I disagree with the topic premise.

However you probably wouldn't want lemon in your tea and milk or cream too. I'm pretty sure that would taste bad! :)

I like Thai (iced) tea. Most versions of that have a dairy product. (Or many versions, I don't want to argue about it.) I'm pretty sure Thai tea rarely or never has lemon in it.

I can't tell you what lemon and milk in your tea tastes like, but it looks yucky. As a kid, I was used to drinking hot tea with milk and sugar. This was not something any of my friends drank. I remember going to a restaurant with my Girl Sprout troop. I ordered tea. They brought lemon and milk. I didn't think about it; I just added both. Oh boy did I feel silly when I saw it. D'oh!

I can't tell you what lemon and milk in your tea tastes like, but it looks yucky. As a kid, I was used to drinking hot tea with milk and sugar. This was not something any of my friends drank. I remember going to a restaurant with my Girl Sprout troop. I ordered tea. They brought lemon and milk. I didn't think about it; I just added both. Oh boy did I feel silly when I saw it. D'oh!

Yummy! Curdled milk in some tea:sick:

Oh wow all these negative responses to lemon in tea! Personally I love the bitterness of the lemon added to black tea. I grew up on it with at least a cup once a day. But then again we hall have our own different taste. But face it, lemon is a bitter fruit no matter what, if you don't want your tea to have that bitterness then don't add the lemon, and defiantly not the pill. But the pill does make a lovely snack, lemon is my favorite fruit.

Yummy! Curdled milk in some tea:sick:
I agree with agreeing! Any type of acid will make dairy curdle a bit. Thats how indians make paneer cheese and sour cream. And when you have instant teas in powder form don't EVER add cream or milk! It will curdle instantly. I'm I'm very, very low on money then I would but power but never would I dare add dairy.

I don't find lemon bitter, sour most definitely. I'll eat a lemon but want it no where near my tea. I don't order iced tea in restaurants, because they insist on adding lemon, even when you ask them not to. Just taking it out/off the glass does not count.

I don't find lemon bitter, sour most definitely. I'll eat a lemon but want it no where near my tea. I don't order iced tea in restaurants, because they insist on adding lemon, even when you ask them not to. Just taking it out/off the glass does not count.

oppps! Ah your right, even after all these years my english is still bad.:( I meant the peel was bitter if left in the tea and that a lemon is wonderfully sour. But people have their own taste. I never want to push mine on others and say mines is right. I just thought this was an interesting post and I wanted to reply.:chef::chef:

I was wondering where all that "lemon is bitter" was coming from. :LOL: As PF wrote, it's wonderfully sour. Just don't add the peel to your tea. Unless you get organic lemons or live in lemon country, the peels are dyed with dyes that aren't allowed in food.

That's because you like lemon in your tea...doesn't mean that those that dislike lemon in their tea are wrong. They just don't like lemon in their tea.

I was feeling in a contrary mood and just expressed my opposition to the statement in the OP and the topic title. Just for the principle. :)

If you are referring to my post, and a Brits love for cream tea, you can count me out...as I made pretty clear by my love for a Slurpee or/and Ice water.

No, I was referring to the OP.

I don't like cream in tea except for Thai iced tea. I understand there is also Thai hot tea but I've never seen it on a menu nor tried it.

By far, the most refreshing thing on a hot day for me, some Arnold Palmer half & half.

I feel like I could drink it by the gallon. A perfect mix of tea, and lemonade, and no matter how I have made it from scratch, it just never seems to be the same.

The half Tea, and half Pink lemonade is a rare treat too.

TR it sounds worth trying. Are you saying the brand name is better than your own "from scratch" iced tea and lemonade? If so it looks like time to deconstruct/copycat the brand.

TR it sounds worth trying. Are you saying the brand name is better than your own "from scratch" iced tea and lemonade? If so it looks like time to deconstruct/copycat the brand.

Arnold_Palmer-1.jpg

it's available everywhere from the local 7-11, to the local grocer. Like a nice Pilsner, the colder the better. Get one, if you like tea/lemonade, you will wonder where it has been your whole life.

I strongly avoid brand names for things I can make myself but TR I'll attempt to give it a try next time I'm in the market. One thing about being a foodie (me) you have to be willing to try stuff. If I like it we'll have to deconstruct/copycat it.

I am not sure if you have picked up on it yet, but I am a bit of a foodie too. . .I mean, I haven't partnered/owned/operated three restaurants, and cooked in 14 cities across 9 countries "just because".

And really, it's just a drink, I am not that vested in re-inventing the wheel, wen I can get it for $.99, and is pretty solid, but I certainly appreciate your enthusiasm. I am not retired, so I have bigger fish to fry.

Back
Top Bottom