Price of Beer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cute, roadfix. You have an emergency bottle in case there are no 12-ouncers to open. ;)

So that six-pack is 72 ounces, right? That's pretty much what a 6-pack of something good goes for - $12 or more a six-pack. Kilt Lifter is a craft beer, so $12.99 sounds fair, makes $9.99 a bargain.

We are surrounded by craft breweries by us - almost every town but ours has one. :LOL: We have two bottles from the brewery in the next town over, a growler (64 ounces) and a quart. If it's just the two of us, I will use the quart bottle. We haven't stopped there for a while, but the last time a quart was going for $9 and up.

You paid about $1.67 for a bottle of beer. What would that have cost in a Four Peaks brew-pub? :huh: See, I made it look like a bargain just like that! :LOL:

* Know to locals as "the packy", it is an adult beverage store that offers beer, wine, and spirits.

True, true CG, but back about 3 years ago, when Mister Landlord introduced me to this adult beverage, it was only $6.99 everyday price. I guess Four Peaks Brewing Co. has become popular?
We've got 4 microbreweries here, one I had no idea was there till I did a WWW search.... must try now!!

That wouldn't happen to be Moylan's Kilt Lifter Scotch Ale?

Craig, it's made by Four Peaks and yes, it is a Scottish-style Ale and it's delicious!!! :yum:

https://www.fourpeaks.com/beers/mainstays/kilt-lifter/

I'm not a huge Beer fan, but when I do drink Beer ... oh, wait, that's somebody else's line :LOL: ... I do prefer a good-hearty micro or home brew dark Beer or should I say a full bodied drink.
I'm really do not care for Lagers much, but I mean if that's all's ya got, well I'll drink it :ROFLMAO:

True, true CG, but back about 3 years ago, when Mister Landlord introduced me to this adult beverage, it was only $6.99 everyday price. I guess Four Peaks Brewing Co. has become popular?
We've got 4 microbreweries here, one I had no idea was there till I did a WWW search.... must try now!!
Most of the local microbrews here cost about the same. I think it's more about the cost of materials than about popularity. A lot of goods have gone way up in price over the last couple of years, and with all the new tariffs, more will soon. That's one reason why we bought my new vehicle a few months before we planned to.

Today, Oct 27, 2018 is American Beer Day.
I don't have any American beer in the fridge but I have some Modelo I'll be consuming while watching the ball game this evening!

Actually, Modelo is American beer. Mexico is part of North America, and I live in what used to be Mexico, before Texans stole it.

So, raise a glass of Modelo for American Beer Day!

CD

Last edited:
Actually, Modelo is American beer. Mexico is part of North America, and I live in what used to be Mexico, before Texans stole it.

So, raise a glass of Modelo for American Beer Day!

CD
Los Angeles is in a part of what used to be Mexico too.

Now, that is really cool. I think I'll get one for my tool box.
Lot of my common hand and electrical tools are Klein. I also have a few of their tool pouches, both leather and canvas.
EDIT: just ordered one on Amazon...was only 7 bucks as an add-on item to qualify for free shipping. Go Dodgers!

Are you in the electrical industry? Klein after all is the top brand used in the trade. Not that I agree all their tools are the best.
I own more Klein than anything else.

It is in Denmark, at least some jobs. People drank beer in every office I worked in in Denmark.

When I was on a job for Michelin, they had two cafeterias. One for the lowly workers like me. And next door, one for the honchos. They served wine next door. The French insisted on wine with all meals I guess.

When I was on a job for Michelin, they had two cafeterias. One for the lowly workers like me. And next door, one for the honchos. They served wine next door. The French insisted on wine with all meals I guess.

My first job out of college was with EDS, which was a big name, back then -- see video below. It is a long, but a good story. I knew several of the people in the story. But, I digress... :rolleyes:

Drinking at lunch was strictly forbidden, but there was only one cafeteria, and Ross Perot (CEO) ate there regularly. He would walk up to a table full of people he had never met, and ask, "Can I join you?" Cool side story, after the first time I met him, anytime I passed him in the building, or got on the elevator with him (true story), he knew my name. Amazing memory for people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCaZXrU7NJE

CD

Last edited:
Today, Oct 27, 2018 is American Beer Day.
I don't have any American beer in the fridge but I have some Modelo I'll be consuming while watching the ball game this evening!

And of course you will be rooting for the Red Sox!

Back
Top Bottom