"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beverages and Wine

Old 11-08-2007, 06:35 AM   #61
Assistant Cook

There is also a green bean supplier in Toronto, that will ship everywhere:
The Merchants of Green Coffee (I'm new member so I can't post the link).
We are shooting segments with them right now on beans, roasting and brewing. These should be up by mid-December... lots of info, about a little bean.

G.

Old 11-12-2007, 03:50 AM   #62
Assistant Cook

I drink coffee only when I am sleepy

But now it is not influencing me anymore

I still want to sleep each time I drink coffee.

Nasika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 07:55 AM   #63
Sous Chef

Has anyone tried Barrington Coffee Roasting Company coffee?
Old 05-07-2008, 08:50 PM   #64
Assistant Cook

Every morning I take my coffee black with a small drop of skim milk
Old 05-15-2008, 08:28 PM   #65
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Forgive me if I posted this previously but I'm hooked on Starbuck's Costa Rica Tarrazu coffee with a splash of vanilla syrup, frothed milk and whipping cream. It's a medium roast coffee; not too strong and has a wonderful flavor. I crave it too often that now I'm drinking up to 3 cups a day. Oops.
Old 05-16-2008, 05:14 AM   #66
Executive Chef

I finally gave up sugar in my coffee about a month ago! I now put just a tiny pinch of Stevia in it and I'm totally happy! I also found that without all that sugar I can actually taste the flavor of my wonderful Peet's Major Dickason!
Old 05-16-2008, 12:17 PM   #67
Everymom

Giggling a bit here. Dina, I'm hooked on Costa Rican coffee too! Why am I not surprised that you are? My current fave is 1820's brand. Oh my goodness its so tasty. I have some Sunburst too, but I prefer the 1820's one.

Oh, and I'm black coffee in the morning and if I have it in the afternoon, but I like a shot of cream and sugar for after dinner coffee.
Old 05-16-2008, 05:36 PM   #68
Chef Extraordinaire

good old foldgers coffee for me, splendia and coffee mate.

just had a glass of iced coffee, left from breakfast. used 2% milk in it.

babe
Old 05-16-2008, 08:14 PM   #69
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
Giggling a bit here. Dina, I'm hooked on Costa Rican coffee too! Why am I not surprised that you are? My current fave is 1820's brand. Oh my goodness its so tasty. I have some Sunburst too, but I prefer the 1820's one.

Oh, and I'm black coffee in the morning and if I have it in the afternoon, but I like a shot of cream and sugar for after dinner coffee.
I hear ya Alix. It's that good I could drink it without the cream and sugar myself.
Old 05-16-2008, 10:59 PM   #70
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by redkitty View Post
Hello fellow coffee connoisseurs!

How do you take your coffee??? Black? Cream? Sugar?

I'm living in a country full of tea and instant coffee! Instant coffee!! Blah! Yes we have loads of Starbucks, but I make my own coffee, grinding fresh beans and using a drip coffee maker. My lovely parents ship me care packages full of Extra Dark French Roast beans from Trader Joes. YUM. I also love other varieties, but I dont wanna ask for other blends! (I miss Peets...mmmm)

Recently I starting using a Boudin French Press and I cant decided if I like it better than the drip. Thoughts?
We have a French Press, better tasting coffee than a drip but general uses more beans for the same amount of coffee so we mostly use the drip. Lots of beans, ground into dust so it is nice and dark. DW takes cream and sugar, I take just sugar.
In the summer we get our coffee from the farmers market, in winter from Gevalia. Always the darkest roasts, always whole bean. The guy at the farmers market is trying to roast more this year, if he does that just means less Gevalia ordered.

And I know what you mean about the instant coffee, DW's mom only drinks instant coffee despite the fact that she always told us how much better tasting ours was. I think it was a convenience thing mostly. All I know is I would always get my coffee before going to her house!