The Coffee Thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redkitty

Executive Chef
Hello fellow coffee connoisseurs! :w00t2:

How do you take your coffee??? Black? Cream? Sugar?

I'm living in a country full of tea and instant coffee! Instant coffee!! Blah! Yes we have loads of Starbucks, but I make my own coffee, grinding fresh beans and using a drip coffee maker. My lovely parents ship me care packages full of Extra Dark French Roast beans from Trader Joes. YUM. I also love other varieties, but I dont wanna ask for other blends! (I miss Peets...mmmm)

Recently I starting using a Boudin French Press and I cant decided if I like it better than the drip. Thoughts? :D

I think the French press needs a coarse grind. I LOVE French press coffee--few cups are better than those from a French press, I think.
I have recently gotten coffee at Sam's--can't quite give the name, but it's organic and fair traded, and an espresso dark roast. I ground it for espresso and make it both as espresso and in my Krups automatic drip. DEEElicious coffee. Always black for me.
Costco's Kirkland brand coffee from Starbucks is also good.
I actively dislike flavored coffees of any kind--yuck!!
A really delicious coffee available online is Cafe Britt. It is an organic coffee plantation in Costa Rica that we visited. The coffee is SO smooth--they have in some manner roasted/removed the acidic part of coffee. Their espresso roast is particularly delicious.

Oh redkitty, porr you, you are getting the worst of UK aren't you! Believe it or not we do get some nice coffees, I'll put my thinking cap on as to where I would be coffee shopping if I were in Bristol proper, but, er, nowhere springs to mind :( Have you tried sourcing UK merchants online? Cheaper than having your parents send you some, and may be fun exploring other tastes? (of a decent quality of course)

I love French press, or in England, cafetiere coffee. Its also very, very easy to make a passable cup. Some lucky soulds, like my sister can make an amazing cup with the cheapest ground beans with this method, and people think it is a much better bean than she has used.

Instant is quite a different drink. I LOVE coffee, and I luckily have a DH who learnt from his Italian childhood to make a superb cup any way I want it and who makes me a delicious cup most mornings. I also keep instant and have a cup of that most days too, but I consider it a very very different drink, not coffee even! But I do know a lot of, particularly older, lower income bracket Brits, who, because it was never available, have never developed a tatse for REAL coffee, and for whom instant is the only doable drink.

I drink my coffee black. I don't care for the "flavored" coffees but, I do enjoy frosty coffee drinks in the summer.I can't start the day without coffee and the concensus around here is I shouldn't even try!!!!;)Love and energy, Vicki

I take mine black and slightly strong if I can. Unfortunately, the coffee maker is on the fritz and I'm drinking warm well water with instant coffee. Gad, this stuff is vile.

I take a bit of coffee with my top milk. I need my coffee daily. I use an old fashioned drip coffee maker. Heat the water to 185*F and pour through the cylindar where the grounds are. I have started to mix cinnamon with the grounds, pretty good. The coffee maker works with no electricity, very important to a person who needs coffee daily and whose power goes off with great regularity.

This is a picture of the type of coffee maker I use, it is made by Porcelier, was made in the 1930's to the 1950's. The only thing that can go wrong is if you break them. But I have that covered, I have about 10 of these units.

Attachments

• eBayPot1] (2).jpg
    eBayPot1] (2).jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 498
Strong black and 3 sugars, freshly ground each morning (mostly done on Auto-Pilot), and consumed in total Silence.

My absolute favorite is Turkish Coffee!!! Everything else pales in comparison. Only problem is I haven't mastered it at home as of yet (Getting closer though), so I have to go to a wonderful cafe that serves it.

As for my weekly coffee- I use a grind and brew drip coffee maker with a whole bean espresso roast from a local store. I do add a flavored cream(Internatioal Delight) in the morning. If drinking in the afternoon or evening I my coffee is black usually with something sweet.

On the weekends I use my French Press and prefer this to drip coffee maker, but too time consuming during the week and I can't set it the night before.

I only like one flavored coffee that is served at a local cafe- Hazelnut, otherwise would never buy flavored coffee.

I take it black and prefer darker roasts - about 4 cups/day thankyou. I love the french press! Don't have one myself but I do enjoy the resulted flavor from those little dynamos!

Not sure what a french press is but I take mine three different ways.

At home-----1/2 a sugar
At work-----2 sugar and cream
At Timmy's....Tim Hortons for all you non-canadians---extra large triple triple

Odd how different places you do different things.

During the evening if I have coffee I like it with French Vanilla flavoured cream, or Baileys

Coffee is a must every morning!!

I like mine with vanilla cream ( sugar free).

At starbucks on Sunday I have a tall non-fat no whip white mocha, extra hot. YUMMMMY!

Mine is usually black, but like Tanis, if I have some in the evening I may add a splash of something sweet and milky.

I like all coffees. Including flavoured ones. I am fortunate though to have a Second Cup nearby where I can get my GOOD flavoured stuff. I'm also addicted to Maple flavoured coffee. Ken keeps me supplied.

I take my coffee black. I prefer Gevalia Breakfast Blend...order several times a year. The red bag Eight O'clock. In all cases I pour my coffee beans in my old fashione grinder and grind just before use.

Like tea also. Coffee morning. Tea: Green My favorite: Good Earth
Green Tea (comes in a green box individual wrap with a "chinaman"graphic on box.

Some time it is loose tea: Bancha, Sancha (Japanese). Only Green Tea

I like plain jane Maxwell house coffee, 1/2 pot every morning (when home), through a drip coffee maker, 1/2 tsp sugar and a splash of whole milk! mmmm..

2 cups of black coffee every morning. During the week I usually make it, fresh ground and made in a Chemex coffee maker. Can't give a brand - we buy our beans green and roast usually 2 or 3 times a week. Depends of the beans. We used to do a lot of dark roasts, but lately we've been roasting a little lighter - to get more of the flavor components. It was fun a couple weeks ago - we had a coffee that had a distinct blueberry taste - it was so fun, and even better cold than hot - I hope I can get more so we can have it iced this summer.

I have a pot that grinds the beans and then shoots them into the basket, where the water drips over them. 5:15 every morning, I wake to the aroma of fresh coffee. I add splenda and light cream to the coffee....and proceed to drink precisely half a cup.:huh: I never finish a cup of coffee. I think I have seperation anxiety.

Trader Joe's carries my favourite nicaraguan coffee. Ask your parents to send you that. I bet you'll love it.

redkitty said:
Hello fellow coffee connoisseurs! :w00t2:

How do you take your coffee??? Black? Cream? Sugar?

I'm living in a country full of tea and instant coffee! Instant coffee!! Blah! Yes we have loads of Starbucks, but I make my own coffee, grinding fresh beans and using a drip coffee maker. My lovely parents ship me care packages full of Extra Dark French Roast beans from Trader Joes. YUM. I also love other varieties, but I dont wanna ask for other blends! (I miss Peets...mmmm)

Recently I starting using a Boudin French Press and I cant decided if I like it better than the drip. Thoughts? :D

I love tea and I love instant coffee :LOL: I used to make perked coffee, then went to auto drip coffee maker with timer, and finally instant. Folgers brand in the U.S. is pretty good, but lately I find that most coffee's give me headaches, even decaf. Tea is my choice now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom