What is your favorite alcoholic beverage to relax and unwind?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Red wine. I used to prefer a rum & diet coke, but hard alcohol doesn't go well with me these days, so it is red wine.

It varies based on my mood of the day.

In the winter it's mostly a Crown Royal on the rocks. In the summer it's a gin and tonic or bloody mary.

Beer also is a regular participant.

I don't drink much wine anymore.

I don't really have to unwind, I am already more or less unraveled.

I do enjoy a nice Manhattan in the winter or a gin and tonic in the summer.

I don't really have to unwind, I am already more or less unraveled...

:ROFLMAO:

Nothing mellows me out quicker than Grey Goose out of the freezer, on the rocks, with three green olives.
Which is why I stick to beer :angel:

Scotch and water in the winter, vodka and ice tea with a splash of lemonade in the summer, wine anytime.

Last edited:
mmm, vodka and tea. My drink of choice after a round of golf, back in the day.

pacanis said:
mmm, vodka and tea. My drink of choice after a round of golf, back in the day.

I think it's called an Arnold Palmer. Quite appropo!

Picking a favorite drink is like picking a favorite food to me. There are too many I love. Gin and tonic is what I have been my drink the past few days. I Love a good beer. Casa Noble anejo tequila is like drinking gold. I am in the process of learning to appreciate scotch. Grey Goose or Belvadere on the rocks at an affair is nice. I could go on and on.

Last edited:
A good flavorful beer (so nothing made by Bud, Miller, Coors or their international equivalents)

There are styles to go with every food or any situation

This sounds complicated, but it's not. I mix equal parts of cranberry, grape and blueberry juice into a container. Then I mix that, 50%-50% with Port wine. Get it ice cold and drink it on ice on a hot summer day.

Simply refreshing, yummy and not strong enough to nail me. The port is 18%, so the finished drink is 9%. Still strong enough to mellow anyone out, but not a stumbling-slobber-maker. :ROFLMAO:

For a hard drink, Vodka and Blueberry juice on ice. I can and do hurt myself with that one. Even better with 150 proof grain alcohol. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom