What is your favorite alcoholic beverage to relax and unwind?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't need alcohol to relax, but I do very much enjoy wine, with or without meals. Red, white, sparkling, dry, sweet -- as Steve Kroll suggested, it depends upon the mood, the weather, the food being eaten.
ChefJune, my sentiments exactly.

And just maybe an ice cold beer from time to time. :)

wish I could do the beer, especially on those super-hot, humid days we had so many of this past summer. But alas! I am now allergic to hops. :(

I just started kinda drinking beer. I can only drink it when I eat. My husband always says who drinks beer when they eat. I told lots of people, I see it all the time on tv, lol.

Tried some "Woodbridge" Moscato, California 2010 the other day while I was out, and it was really tasty. Picked up a couple bottles for the house. :wacko::ROFLMAO:

Tried some "Woodbridge" Moscato, California 2010 the other day while I was out, and it was really tasty. Picked up a couple bottles for the house. :wacko::ROFLMAO:

I'm going to find out the name of this moscato my husband gets me. I'd bet you'd love it. There are several that I like. That Woodbridge, is it in a blue tall bottle?

I'm going to find out the name of this moscato my husband gets me. I'd bet you'd love it. There are several that I like. That Woodbridge, is it in a blue tall bottle?

Thanks Nikki. I always enjoy finding a new wine.

Here's a pic of the Woodbridge Moscato:

woodbridge_moscato_15.png

I enjoy crown royal reserved on the rocks. I am not a big drinker but it's nice to have one on a early friday evening after a long week to relax & take the edge off.

There's nothing like an ice cold beer with tomato juice or clamato on a hot summer day

simonbaker said:
I enjoy crown royal reserved on the rocks. I am not a big drinker but it's nice to have one on a early friday evening after a long week to relax & take the edge off.

There's nothing like an ice cold beer with tomato juice or clamato on a hot summer day

Funny you mentioned it, Simon, Clamato makes a great Bloody Caesar. Better than a Bloody Mary.

I don't usually drink beer, but when we're in Mexico, nothing is finer than an icy Sol with a wedge of lime squeezed in it.

Last edited:
Funny you mentioned it, Simon, Clamato makes a fine Bloody Caesar. Better than a Bloody Mary.

I don't usually drink beer, but when we're in Mexico, nothing is finer than an icy Sol with a wedge of lime squeezed in it.
Thanks for the tip! I will definitely check it out.

simonbaker said:
I would love a good recipie for it.

It's a bloody mary subbing Clamato..

Off the top of my head, dash Worchester, ground celery seed/and or celery salt, tabasco, lemon pepper, Clamato, a jigger or so of vodka, squeeze of lime. If you want to be snitzy snitzy, shake over ice and pour into iced glasses, otherwise, forego the shaking and just pour over ice. Garnish with a pickled green bean (a la Nawlins) or a celery stalk, or a pickle spear!

Will get the actual recipe for you, but this is a start!

Last edited:
It's a bloody mary subbing Clamato..

Off the top of my head, dash Worchester, ground celery seed/and or celery salt, tabasco, lemon pepper, Clamato, a jigger or so of vodka, squeeze of lime. If you want to be snitzy snitzy, shake over ice and pour into iced glasses, otherwise, forego the shaking and just pour over ice. Garnish with a pickled green bean (a la Nawlins) or a celery stalk, or a pickle spear!

Will get the actual recipe for you, but this is a start!
Taste testing is half the fun. Thanks again!

I have to laugh at this turn of the line. Husband and I were on the road in a trailer for 3 years, along with our two JRs. We wound up socializing with a lot of Canadians in those years, and they all loved Bloody Caesars. Since hubby is the king of bloody marys, we took to keeping Clamato around.

The beer & tomato juice (whatever form) used to be called "red-eye" some places I've lived, and was considered a "hair of the dog" drink for the morning after. Some people actually put a raw egg in it as well and called it breakfast.

Funny you mentioned it, Simon, Clamato makes a great Bloody Caesar. Better than a Bloody Mary.

One summer years ago we lived on these but, we put a few shrimp in the blender and buzzed them, then we used a big fat one for a garnish on the rim. I think the idea originated at the Red Lobster and was called a Ship-wreck Mary or some such nautical thing. They were a lot of fun, truly a shrimp cocktail:LOL:

I have to laugh at this turn of the line. Husband and I were on the road in a trailer for 3 years, along with our two JRs. We wound up socializing with a lot of Canadians in those years, and they all loved Bloody Caesars. Since hubby is the king of bloody marys, we took to keeping Clamato around.

The beer & tomato juice (whatever form) used to be called "red-eye" some places I've lived, and was considered a "hair of the dog" drink for the morning after. Some people actually put a raw egg in it as well and called it breakfast.
Sounds like a good source of getting your morning protein if you could choke it down.:)

One summer years ago we lived on these but, we put a few shrimp in the blender and buzzed them, then we used a big fat one for a garnish on the rim. I think the idea originated at the Red Lobster and was called a Ship-wreck Mary or some such nautical thing. They were a lot of fun, truly a shrimp cocktail:LOL:
Sounds like a fun way to get an appetizer & cocktail at the same time.

I am thinking we had similar in Florida with a stone crab claw-a Crabby Mary?

And yes, the Caesars were very popular in Canada, everyone at the lake always had a big stash of Clamato!

Red wine. The occasional cold beer or white wine in a warm situation. A loaded (celery, olives & pickled green bean) spicy Bloody Mary when I'm winning at playing BlackJack and want a snack and can't technically have food at the table.

I love making a Clamato/Worcestershire/Black Pepper/Old Bay/Celery Salt/1.5 oz 153 Grain Alcohol/ drink lately. I didn't know it had a name! :ROFLMAO:

I guess with the Old Bay in it, it's an "Old Bloody Caesar" :LOL:

We here in the south use Old Bay in lots of things. It's a stand-by on most kitchen counters with the salt and pepper.

LOL! Not really lol! But I do like to a have a few more than my other friends do. Usually about 6 glasses of wine is nice for a two hour happy hour.

Back
Top Bottom