"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beverages and Wine

Old 09-30-2011, 07:48 PM   #51
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker
I would love a good recipie for it.
It's a bloody mary subbing Clamato..

Off the top of my head, dash Worchester, ground celery seed/and or celery salt, tabasco, lemon pepper, Clamato, a jigger or so of vodka, squeeze of lime. If you want to be snitzy snitzy, shake over ice and pour into iced glasses, otherwise, forego the shaking and just pour over ice. Garnish with a pickled green bean (a la Nawlins) or a celery stalk, or a pickle spear!

Will get the actual recipe for you, but this is a start!

Old 09-30-2011, 08:25 PM   #52
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
It's a bloody mary subbing Clamato..

Off the top of my head, dash Worchester, ground celery seed/and or celery salt, tabasco, lemon pepper, Clamato, a jigger or so of vodka, squeeze of lime. If you want to be snitzy snitzy, shake over ice and pour into iced glasses, otherwise, forego the shaking and just pour over ice. Garnish with a pickled green bean (a la Nawlins) or a celery stalk, or a pickle spear!

Will get the actual recipe for you, but this is a start!
Taste testing is half the fun. Thanks again!

Old 10-01-2011, 05:45 AM   #53
Master Chef

I have to laugh at this turn of the line. Husband and I were on the road in a trailer for 3 years, along with our two JRs. We wound up socializing with a lot of Canadians in those years, and they all loved Bloody Caesars. Since hubby is the king of bloody marys, we took to keeping Clamato around.

The beer & tomato juice (whatever form) used to be called "red-eye" some places I've lived, and was considered a "hair of the dog" drink for the morning after. Some people actually put a raw egg in it as well and called it breakfast.
Old 10-01-2011, 05:55 AM   #54
Master Chef

[QUOTE=Dawgluver;1054256]Funny you mentioned it, Simon, Clamato makes a great Bloody Caesar. Better than a Bloody Mary.

One summer years ago we lived on these but, we put a few shrimp in the blender and buzzed them, then we used a big fat one for a garnish on the rim. I think the idea originated at the Red Lobster and was called a Ship-wreck Mary or some such nautical thing. They were a lot of fun, truly a shrimp cocktail
Old 10-01-2011, 08:19 AM   #55
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
I have to laugh at this turn of the line. Husband and I were on the road in a trailer for 3 years, along with our two JRs. We wound up socializing with a lot of Canadians in those years, and they all loved Bloody Caesars. Since hubby is the king of bloody marys, we took to keeping Clamato around.

The beer & tomato juice (whatever form) used to be called "red-eye" some places I've lived, and was considered a "hair of the dog" drink for the morning after. Some people actually put a raw egg in it as well and called it breakfast.
Sounds like a good source of getting your morning protein if you could choke it down.
Old 10-01-2011, 08:21 AM   #56
Chef Extraordinaire

[QUOTE=Aunt Bea;1054395]
Quote:
Funny you mentioned it, Simon, Clamato makes a great Bloody Caesar. Better than a Bloody Mary.

One summer years ago we lived on these but, we put a few shrimp in the blender and buzzed them, then we used a big fat one for a garnish on the rim. I think the idea originated at the Red Lobster and was called a Ship-wreck Mary or some such nautical thing. They were a lot of fun, truly a shrimp cocktail
Sounds like a fun way to get an appetizer & cocktail at the same time.
Old 10-01-2011, 10:47 AM   #57
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I am thinking we had similar in Florida with a stone crab claw-a Crabby Mary?

And yes, the Caesars were very popular in Canada, everyone at the lake always had a big stash of Clamato!
Old 10-01-2011, 11:39 AM   #58
Sous Chef

Red wine. The occasional cold beer or white wine in a warm situation. A loaded (celery, olives & pickled green bean) spicy Bloody Mary when I'm winning at playing BlackJack and want a snack and can't technically have food at the table.
Old 10-01-2011, 11:57 AM   #59
Executive Chef

[QUOTE=Aunt Bea;1054395]
Quote:
Funny you mentioned it, Simon, Clamato makes a great Bloody Caesar. Better than a Bloody Mary.

I love making a Clamato/Worcestershire/Black Pepper/Old Bay/Celery Salt/1.5 oz 153 Grain Alcohol/ drink lately. I didn't know it had a name!

I guess with the Old Bay in it, it's an "Old Bloody Caesar"

We here in the south use Old Bay in lots of things. It's a stand-by on most kitchen counters with the salt and pepper.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:41 AM   #60
Assistant Cook

LOL! Not really lol! But I do like to a have a few more than my other friends do. Usually about 6 glasses of wine is nice for a two hour happy hour.