"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beverages and Wine
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-30-2011, 07:48 PM   #51
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker
I would love a good recipie for it.
It's a bloody mary subbing Clamato..

Off the top of my head, dash Worchester, ground celery seed/and or celery salt, tabasco, lemon pepper, Clamato, a jigger or so of vodka, squeeze of lime. If you want to be snitzy snitzy, shake over ice and pour into iced glasses, otherwise, forego the shaking and just pour over ice. Garnish with a pickled green bean (a la Nawlins) or a celery stalk, or a pickle spear!

Will get the actual recipe for you, but this is a start!
__________________

__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:25 PM   #52
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
It's a bloody mary subbing Clamato..

Off the top of my head, dash Worchester, ground celery seed/and or celery salt, tabasco, lemon pepper, Clamato, a jigger or so of vodka, squeeze of lime. If you want to be snitzy snitzy, shake over ice and pour into iced glasses, otherwise, forego the shaking and just pour over ice. Garnish with a pickled green bean (a la Nawlins) or a celery stalk, or a pickle spear!

Will get the actual recipe for you, but this is a start!
Taste testing is half the fun. Thanks again!
__________________

__________________
simonbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 05:45 AM   #53
Master Chef
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Galena, IL
Posts: 7,973
I have to laugh at this turn of the line. Husband and I were on the road in a trailer for 3 years, along with our two JRs. We wound up socializing with a lot of Canadians in those years, and they all loved Bloody Caesars. Since hubby is the king of bloody marys, we took to keeping Clamato around.

The beer & tomato juice (whatever form) used to be called "red-eye" some places I've lived, and was considered a "hair of the dog" drink for the morning after. Some people actually put a raw egg in it as well and called it breakfast.
__________________
Claire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 05:55 AM   #54
Master Chef
 
Aunt Bea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: near Mount Pilot
Posts: 7,005
[QUOTE=Dawgluver;1054256]Funny you mentioned it, Simon, Clamato makes a great Bloody Caesar. Better than a Bloody Mary.

One summer years ago we lived on these but, we put a few shrimp in the blender and buzzed them, then we used a big fat one for a garnish on the rim. I think the idea originated at the Red Lobster and was called a Ship-wreck Mary or some such nautical thing. They were a lot of fun, truly a shrimp cocktail
__________________
Aunt Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 08:19 AM   #55
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
I have to laugh at this turn of the line. Husband and I were on the road in a trailer for 3 years, along with our two JRs. We wound up socializing with a lot of Canadians in those years, and they all loved Bloody Caesars. Since hubby is the king of bloody marys, we took to keeping Clamato around.

The beer & tomato juice (whatever form) used to be called "red-eye" some places I've lived, and was considered a "hair of the dog" drink for the morning after. Some people actually put a raw egg in it as well and called it breakfast.
Sounds like a good source of getting your morning protein if you could choke it down.
__________________
simonbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 08:21 AM   #56
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10,524
[QUOTE=Aunt Bea;1054395]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Funny you mentioned it, Simon, Clamato makes a great Bloody Caesar. Better than a Bloody Mary.

One summer years ago we lived on these but, we put a few shrimp in the blender and buzzed them, then we used a big fat one for a garnish on the rim. I think the idea originated at the Red Lobster and was called a Ship-wreck Mary or some such nautical thing. They were a lot of fun, truly a shrimp cocktail
Sounds like a fun way to get an appetizer & cocktail at the same time.
__________________
simonbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 10:47 AM   #57
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,107
I am thinking we had similar in Florida with a stone crab claw-a Crabby Mary?

And yes, the Caesars were very popular in Canada, everyone at the lake always had a big stash of Clamato!
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 11:39 AM   #58
Sous Chef
 
JGDean's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Northwest Florida
Posts: 540
Red wine. The occasional cold beer or white wine in a warm situation. A loaded (celery, olives & pickled green bean) spicy Bloody Mary when I'm winning at playing BlackJack and want a snack and can't technically have food at the table.
__________________
JGDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 11:57 AM   #59
Executive Chef
 
Timothy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: St. Augustine, Florida
Posts: 2,491
[QUOTE=Aunt Bea;1054395]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Funny you mentioned it, Simon, Clamato makes a great Bloody Caesar. Better than a Bloody Mary.

One summer years ago we lived on these but, we put a few shrimp in the blender and buzzed them, then we used a big fat one for a garnish on the rim. I think the idea originated at the Red Lobster and was called a Ship-wreck Mary or some such nautical thing. They were a lot of fun, truly a shrimp cocktail
I love making a Clamato/Worcestershire/Black Pepper/Old Bay/Celery Salt/1.5 oz 153 Grain Alcohol/ drink lately. I didn't know it had a name!

I guess with the Old Bay in it, it's an "Old Bloody Caesar"

We here in the south use Old Bay in lots of things. It's a stand-by on most kitchen counters with the salt and pepper.
__________________
Confirmed Sushi Addict
Timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:41 AM   #60
Assistant Cook
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 47
LOL! Not really lol! But I do like to a have a few more than my other friends do. Usually about 6 glasses of wine is nice for a two hour happy hour.
__________________

__________________
MountainMath is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.