What is your favorite alcoholic beverage to relax and unwind?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
babetoo said:
currently i am having raspberry vodka mixed with iced tea. before dinner, it helps me unwind from the day.

DH and I were trying to remember, thinking at the Dallas airport Chili's, we had a delicious raspberry vodka and lemonade cocktail.

I like a lemon drop or a bellini in summer, winter I love hot buttered rum.
kades:LOL:

babetoo said:
currently i am having raspberry vodka mixed with iced tea. before dinner, it helps me unwind from the day.

Oh my gosh that sounds good. I like long island iced tea, but I don't drink that too often. I am sure I would live radiated vodka and iced tea!!! I also like rum and coke.

Let's see. In the summer it's a nice cool glass of dry white wine (Pinot Grigio is a favorite), or a tall gin & tonic (with either Tanqueray, Bombay, or Seagram's Lime Twist gin), or a well-made Margarita with 100% agava tequila.

In the cooler months, a nice dry room-temp red wine, or a Bacardi rum & Diet Coke (you do know, of course, that the calories in the rum are automatically cancelled out by the Diet Coke. . . . lol!). And for dessert or a late afternoon "snack", a nice English Ruby Port with ripe pears & a good blue cheese &/or aged Stilton or cheddar.

BreezyCooking said:
Let's see. And for dessert or a late afternoon "snack", a nice English Ruby Port with ripe pears & a good blue cheese &/or aged Stilton or cheddar.

Port and blue cheese. You have me drooling!! Literally.

Well, I am far from being a Yuppie. I like a can of ice cold Miller Lite, 12oz. not 10oz., so I know I am not a redneck.

This sounds complicated, but it's not. I mix equal parts of cranberry, grape and blueberry juice into a container. Then I mix that, 50%-50% with Port wine. Get it ice cold and drink it on ice on a hot summer day.

Simply refreshing, yummy and not strong enough to nail me. The port is 18%, so the finished drink is 9%. Still strong enough to mellow anyone out, but not a stumbling-slobber-maker. :ROFLMAO:

For a hard drink, Vodka and Blueberry juice on ice. I can and do hurt myself with that one. Even better with 150 proof grain alcohol. :rolleyes:

Yum, Vodka and port, love both! Cosmopolitan! Could do with one of those right now but after 2 I'm more than a little relaxed :LOL:
The one drink I can't stomach is Gin and Tonic, never developed a taste for it.
Prefer Vodka Martini's as well.

My "recent recipe discussions" column lists What is your favorite alcoholic..., and all I could think of was Crazy Guggenheim on The Jackie Gleason Show and Foster Brooks on the Dean Martin Show. But my all time favorite was Sidney Miller, seen here on Dragnet and as a naked drunk driver on Adam 12.

Dragnet

Last edited:
Mostly Merlot or Cabernet, but on a hot summer day Pinot Grigio. I love hard booze as well, but it was not loving me so quit. But I make up for it in wine consumption.

Back
Top Bottom