What quenches your thirst?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ooh, i forgot about v8, altho it's not a thirst quencher for me.

i like to add a little horserdish, worcestershire, and a celery stalk to v8 and have a virgin bloody mary.

VeraBlue said:
This isn't the same as your favourite beverage..

When you are thristy, what do you drink that actually slakes that thirst? I don't care much for soda. Besides, that always seems to make me more thirsty. Water never quite does the job..

I've found that when I really thirst, not just drinking to accompany the meal, I like cold water with ice, a slice of lemon, squeezed, and half a packet of splenda. It does the trick every time.

I also love lemon/lime seltzer, swigged right from the bottle:ohmy:!

What about you?

Lemon/lime seltzer swigged right from the bottle??? You're a girl after my own heart!!!!I go through a quart a day of the stuff!!

VickiQ said:
Lemon/lime seltzer swigged right from the bottle??? You're a girl after my own heart!!!!I go through a quart a day of the stuff!!

The small wastebasket in my bedroom is always full of the empties! I keep a bottle next to the bed, too, for middle of the night thirst. Happy New Yeare to you, VickiQ.

On a hot summer day after mowing the yard I find an I cold beer, not the good stuff but something like Bush Lite. So cold it almost gives you a brain freeze and it only takes 2 or 3 drinks to finish. But the best of the best for me is this little Artesian spring that comes out of a pipe on the side of a hill near a trout stream I fish. After wading all morning in the sun I just pull up fill the water bottle... no need for lemon this water is incredible.

JDP

jdp, you should really get a hiker's water purifier for that. you might get a visit from giardia, and i don't mean de laurentiis. :)

i have an extremely high tolerance for salmonella, and other bad buggies in food, but i did get really sick once from drinking ground water when hiking. that would seem especially important in the poopy pasturelands of southern wisconsin.

Last edited:
corazon90 said:
Chocolate cokes from Sonic. They never fail. French cokes are good too but not as tasty.

Sadly, no Sonics here in WA. :( I like iced chai and a good iced minty tea is quenching as well. Every once in a while I crave good apple juice (I'm talking Odwalla type, not sugary mott's or something like that) or fresh oj.

What makes it a French coke? I don't think I've ever had one that I know about.

Coke in other countries sometimes still use cane sugar instead of corn syrup. I am guessing that may be the difference.

buckytom said:
jdp, you should really get a hiker's water purifier for that. you might get a visit from giardia, and i don't mean de laurentiis. :)

i have an extremely high tolerance for salmonella, and other bad buggies in food, but i did get really sick once from drinking ground water when hiking. that would seem especially important in the poopy pasturelands of southern wisconsin.

Bucky under normal circumstances I would but this ones from a deep well. People from all over the area come to fill up there bottles. Plus a little bacteria helps keep the immune system in shape.

JPD

JDP said:
Plus a little bacteria helps keep the immune system in shape.

JPD
A little giardia, however, would not be good for keeping anything in shape. Well actually it may be good for your stomach muscles as they will get a week long workout and not in a good way :LOL:

JPD, I used to do the same thing as you. There was a spring by my house that everyone would drink from and fill up water bottles to bring home. I do not know of anyone ever getting sick from that water. Eventually it was shut down when it tested positive for urine. What I quickly learned is that just because it has been safe to drink in the past does not mean it is safe now. It just takes one time for something to contaminate it and boy will you be sorry.

Do I need to to que up the 1812 overture and type out the lyrics to the Southpark Beer song for my answer?? :angel:

(Here's the first verse...)

ooohhh, what is the malted liquor, what gets you drunker quicker,
what comes in bottles or in cans…
BEER!

John

i have a new thirst quenching addiction. it's snapple diet iced green tea with ginseng, cut 60/40 with water. it's far too sweet full strength, but cut down you can taste the tea and ginseng.

i drank 2 gallons (actually 3 with the water added) of it just this past week.

GB said:
Coke in other countries sometimes still use cane sugar instead of corn syrup. I am guessing that may be the difference.

That and the 8E they cost!!!

Back
Top Bottom