What to do with root beer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
that's it, jpb. i couldn't remember the name. we used sassafras to make the syrup for the soda.

taxy, you need a quart and a gallon ziplock bag, milk, sugar, vanilla extract, ice, and salt.

you pour some milk, sugar, and vanilla in the quart bag and seal it. then put the sealed quart bag inside the gallon bag, fill the gallon bag with ice, pour in some salt, seal the gallon bag, and then get busy mushing it all around. as the salt melts the ice, it freezes the milk and sugar in the inside bag. by mushing it around, you break down the ice crystals in the milk as they form, thus making ice cream. it only takes a few minutes and it's a lot of fun to do with kids.

that's it, jpb. i couldn't remember the name. we used sassafras to make the syrup for the soda.

taxy, you need a quart and a gallon ziplock bag, milk, sugar, vanilla extract, ice, and salt.

you pour some milk, sugar, and vanilla in the quart bag and seal it. then put the sealed quart bag inside the gallon bag, fill the gallon bag with ice, pour in some salt, seal the gallon bag, and then get busy mushing it all around. as the salt melts the ice, it freezes the milk and sugar in the inside bag. by mushing it around, you break down the ice crystals in the milk as they form, thus making ice cream. it only takes a few minutes and it's a lot of fun to do with kids.
Thanks BT. I'll have to give that a try. I don't have room for an ice cream maker.

Thanks, BT! I do have an ice cream maker, but this sounds like something fun to do with the kids who want to come out and meet the girls, collect eggs, gather veggies! I don't have kids--so would never have thought of this.

ok, fine, all public restrooms were pretty dirty in soviet times, and i mean pretty dirty. To kill the stinch, instead of actually cleaning the bathrooms they would spray it with airfresher, especially heavily in and the around the main epicenters of dirtiness, that smelled just like root beer. When I first time smelled root beer here in America I almost puke.

I was given a soccer ball type ice cream maker. Same principal but you play with the ball instead.

that's pretty cool, 4me. although, you might not want to head a ball full of ice cream. worse than brain freeze.

I was given a soccer ball type ice cream maker. Same principal but you play with the ball instead.

I have two of those seating in my house, my wife bought when kids were little, they tried to fdo it in the day care, not sure if anything came out of it.

Back
Top Bottom