What's a good diet drink.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tancowgirl2000

Head Chef
Is there sucha drink out there that you can have when you put yourself on a low-carb diet or any diet for that matter? I love my beer and thats not going anywhere, but MIL is on it too and I want to support her as well, but what can I make her with out her feeling shes cheating herself?

Iced Tea...I use one family size bag of Lipton or Louisianne de-caff, and one reg bag of Constant Comment per pot of tea. Then I pour into a gallon pitcher, and fill the rest of the way up with water. Serve over lots of ice with a slice of lemon or lime.

If she's a partyin' mom, Tequila Slammers are low carb. Pour a shot of tequila...rub lime on back of your hand and sprinkle with course salt. Put your hand over the top of the shot glass and slam it on the counter. (makes small bubbles)
Lick your hand, down your shot, then suck the lime.
These will get you jolly pretty fast!

ya shes not much into tequila i dont think.....as for what she usually drinks....coolers, and diet coke.

Water. To that you can add a whole bunch of other flavors. Try adding a little lemon juice or lime juice. I also like to add some orange juice to water (maybe 50/50 on that one). Orange juice with carbonated water is very good too.

Low-Carb coolers

I'm like you Tan, love my beer (Miller Lite here).
But I also missed wine coolers on hot afternoons, so I found a really cheap and low-carb way to make them. (Most of the recipes I found were more like sangrias than coolers.)

However, you have to promise not to laugh.

I bought a bottle of Boone's Farm Watermelon flavor wine (doesn't that bring back a few memories for some of us?)

Mix 2 parts Boone's Farm (or any other really, really cheap flavored wine) to 5 parts Diet Sprite.

It's so refreshing! The watermelon is my favorite, followed by strawberry. The overall count in a bottle of cheap stuff is higher, but when you break it down into servings, it's very low. And a heckuva lot cheaper than your typical high-carb cooler.

And for tequila lovers, check out www.bajabob.com - their margarita mix is another "lifesaver" if you're low-carbing.

Diet pepsi. This is the only diet drink I found to my taste.

My goal last year was to drink more water...and it's one goal in my life I've accomplished :LOL: I find the more I drink (water) the more I want to drink (water)...I sometimes add lemon juice and recently discovered flavored sparkling waters. My daughter really likes Crystal Light.

Fruit 2 0 is really very good. Is actually water with just some fruit flavoring added to it. I like to put mine in freezer and get it nice and icy before I drink it. Zero carbs, zero sugar. Has helped me get rid of the carbonated drinks.

Water and more water. I drink Dasani bottled water from Coke as a second choice. It has a fresher taste and is a distilled product with a mineral packet added back to it. My first pick is fresh water from an artesian spring a few miles from here. My favorite way to fix it is to crush a little fresh mint in a cup and pour water in. The mint grows right there at the spring and the taste is incredible. Another trick I use is a few leaves of stevia (South American saccharine plant) in any sweetened tea I make. The leaves give it a sweet taste w/o the fake undertones that most artificial sweeteners have.

Hi Will!!

I drink Crystal Light Lemonade.I read that mix one tub with only 1 qt. of water. add about 2 cups of ice and use a blender or whatever you have to make a slushee
I drink water 24/7 Dad use to say I drank enough to float a battleship.
Dove

I am drinking alot of the Pricechopper Diet Ginger Ale. Tastes Pretty Good , is cheap and is sweetened with splenda so its good for low carb life styles

Very few things in this world are more healthy than drinking lots of room temperature water. I keep a jug next to my desk at all times.

Ok... drinks:

Poland spring sparkling lime: It's got a great fizzle and taste which really killed my cravings for soda or beer when I was on the atkins.

Iced green tea: very good for you, a great substitute for coffee and with half a sugar packet the taste is just perfect. I have one or two a day at work.

Back
Top Bottom