"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beverages and Wine

Old 02-18-2014, 11:17 PM   #61
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Cook View Post
"Hot water for tea is usually not boiling". WHAT! People have been shut up in the Tower of London for such profanity!

I'm sure we've had this discussion before. Boiling water for tea. Off the boil for coffee.
Um...she is making a chai latte, it will not be boiling hot as it goes in a blender.

Old 02-19-2014, 06:51 PM   #62
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Um...she is making a chai latte, it will not be boiling hot as it goes in a blender.
Sorry, didn't realise you didn't mean what I thought you meant. I thought you were talking about brewing the tea in the first place.

(I'll call off the Yeomen of the Guard )

Old 02-19-2014, 08:55 PM   #63
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Cook View Post
Sorry, didn't realise you didn't mean what I thought you meant. I thought you were talking about brewing the tea in the first place.

(I'll call off the Yeomen of the Guard )
Thanks, he's a Piker! I really do not need my patootie piked...
Old 02-19-2014, 09:27 PM   #64
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
This is what I have and I'm very happy with it. I think it's the same one Kayelle has.

I have never used anything that whips cream or beats egg whites better than this. I often use the the straight immersion function to puree soups, right in the pot. Clean up is easy. The whisk separates from that black thingee and can go in the dishwasher.
That's the same stick blender I have and I love it. Haven't use the whisk attachment yet (I have a Roland. He can beat egg whites to soft peeks with a fork, stiff peeks with a hand whisk). Both the blender and the grinder attachment have been really useful. The stick part is great for soups, shakes in a cup, salad dressings, mayo, small batches of fruit puree. The grinder/processor part worked well for chopping pecans, tahini, hummus, amd bread crumbs.

We have two standard blenders, a Ninja that my dad got us for Christmas and an ancient Oster. The Oster is a beast but the pitcher part is heavy glass (emphasis on heavy). I have trouble with my wrists, especially the right one, so I find it cumbersome and sometimes uncomfortable to pour from it and clean it. The Ninja works well so far. The hubby uses it more often than I do because it came with the "individual" smoothies attachment amd he's been on a smoothie kick. It worked pretty well for crushing ice the one time I needed crushed ice. It worked well for making hummus and made a super creamy guacamole.

Over all, I definitely use the stick blender more often, and I probably won't use the Oster again unless I need to have two blenders going for some reason. The Ninja is lighter weight and does a good job.

Tags
recipe

Will a blender work for this chai latte recipe? I saw this recipe for paleo chai latte on a blog, but I do not have a Vitamix. Will a KitchenAid blender with a glass pitcher work? [url=http://www.elanaspantry.com/paleo-chai-latte/]Paleo Chai Latte Recipe - Elana's Pantry[/url] 3 stars 1 reviews