Worst drink?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mad Dog mixed with a kool aid packet. Brings back some memories I've worked hard to forget

I can't stand or tolerate many of the fruit juices.

I like the taste of orange juice, but just a little bit tears up my stomach. V-8 makes me gag, peppermint schapps clears out my sinuses a little too much.

Never acquired the taste for scotch, can't make myself drink most diet sodas, and MD 20/20 is just nasty.

ohmygosh, I went to a cinco de mayo party last night. The hostess made margaretias (sp?) made from a dry mix. I should have followed my gut instincts when she told me that the dry mix smelled like pine sol and I thought, I do not want to drink pine sol. But I did and I am sorry, should have had the tequila straight. The drink really had a chemical taste, very bad....

I'd have to go with the Shanty my grandparents are so addicted to.... yeech... at least finally got my grandmother onto Baileys so can have normal drinks at Christmas.

10 points if you remember this drink: Orbits. I'm not 100% sure on the spelling, but about 12 years ago there was this clear bottled drink that had little neon-colored gelatinous orbs floating throughout. They sold it at King Soopers in Colorado. I reluctantly took a sip, at the urging of a high school pal...but I just couldn't handle ingesting a chunky soda-like drink. I do love Asian Bubble Tea, also orb-filled, but Orbitz was just WRONG, and I'm pretty sure it's no longer on any store shelves (but correct me if I'm wrong).

Pitbull on Acid:
jack daniels
JimBeam
jose Cuarvo...all the three wise men, and then:
jagermiester
and then topped with
Bacardi 151...
Makes for a **** of a headache the next morning!

pepper tequila - the bartender had just got it in and was passing out free shots, now I know why

citrate of magnesium (lime flavor) - worst non-alc drink ever

lawchick04 said:
10 points if you remember this drink: Orbits. I'm not 100% sure on the spelling, but about 12 years ago there was this clear bottled drink that had little neon-colored gelatinous orbs floating throughout. They sold it at King Soopers in Colorado. I reluctantly took a sip, at the urging of a high school pal...but I just couldn't handle ingesting a chunky soda-like drink. I do love Asian Bubble Tea, also orb-filled, but Orbitz was just WRONG, and I'm pretty sure it's no longer on any store shelves (but correct me if I'm wrong).
I did not remember it by just the name, but once you started decribing it the memories came flooding back. Yes I remember that stuff (how do I collect my 10 points?). It was such a fun novelty for about 5 minutes. I can't believe it was about 12 years ago. Man time really flies.

Trip said:
I'd have to go with the Shanty my grandparents are so addicted to.... yeech... at least finally got my grandmother onto Baileys so can have normal drinks at Christmas.

I had a wonderful Scottish friend who introduced me to a Shandy for the first time (beer mixed with ginger ale) and just about gagged to death. The worst mixed drink that I've ever had!!!!!!!! ONLY pepto-bismol rates higher as the worst drink. What a horrible drink for my tastes----I prefer sour tasting mixed drinks as opposed to sweet--- but I recovered. I like Bailey's, however, straight out of the freezer.:rolleyes:

HAH knew someone else must have tried this abomination!!!! I've also tried Orbitz (happened to be working in a convenience store when they made their debut), have to agree, usually when chunky liquid is in my mouth, I'm hanging over a toilet, so never understood the appeal.

kimbaby said:
What is the worst drink you have ever had?

I had a peppermint snapps once it was not good!!!!(imo)

Sasparilla.
OR Root beer.
OR Dr Peppers.

Blech!

( And I'll understand perfectly if you don'r like English Bitter!!!:LOL: :LOL: )

The most deeply psychological hangover you will ever experience comes from way too much Grappa.

wow!

Have to add - the finest whisky you will ever taste - the purest - the divine

Laphroaig Islay Single Malt Whisky

http://www.laphroaig.com/

Last edited:
Galeazzo_Ciano said:
The most deeply psychological hangover you will ever experience comes from way too much Grappa.

wow!

Have to add - the finest whisky you will ever taste - the purest - the divine

Laphroaig Islay Single Malt Whisky

http://www.laphroaig.com/

And I just happen to have a bottle of cask strength Laphroaig in my cupboard. WONDERFUL, wonderful stuff. I toured the distillery there about five years ago.
Now Lagavullin....ahhhh.

Don't get me going on Islay single malts; I'll be here all night!

Aside from Pepto and alka seltzer there is one drink I couldn't get past my nose.

We were in Trader Joe's and needing a bottle of scotch. They had one that was described as being from a northernmost place in Scotland high on a craggy cliff overlooking the crashing surf which "imparted and unique flavor with a taste of the sea. Now doesn't that just sound wonderful. Yup, a bottle of iodine woulda been a lot cheaper! Blech isn't even close. It was so bad that a friend who brags that he's never met a scotch he didn't like couldn't get past the smell!

Next worst - Southern comfort & Dr. Pepper. Ooooh that was bad, I think that was the worst I've ever felt!:sick: :yuk:

Captain Morgan's Coconut Rum. So nasty. And gave me by far the worst heartburn I've ever had in my life.

cliveb said:
Sasparilla.
OR Root beer.
OR Dr Peppers.

Blech!

( And I'll understand perfectly if you don'r like English Bitter!!!:LOL: :LOL: )

ROOT BEER IS THE BEST

lets see...
Anything with Zambuka (sp.?)

Back
Top Bottom