$80 Shun Chef's Knive - Worth it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bentrinh

Assistant Cook
Hey everyone. I stumbled across a deal on Woot where they're selling a Shun Elite 8" Chef knife for $80. I've heard that Shun knives are generally overpriced, but it seems like it's being sold for a pretty hefty discount (their "elite" knives, aka "reserve" go for about $300 on Williams-Sonoma). The question is, at this price point, is it worth it?

If it's an Elite it's a steal @ $80. Originally it would have been around $200. The Elite used SG2 in the Hagane- a good knife for that amount of money!

Grab it! You may never see that price again. Many years ago I received one as a present from a girlfriend. I looked it up. At that time it was $150. And I am sure she paid more than that at W-S. :angel:

I have several Shun Elite knives, including the chefs knife you mention . They typically retail between $150-250. I paid $119 for mine online, so $80 is a great price. They're excellent knives and the company offers free lifetime sharpening. You can't beat that.

I did not read the deals for a few days and missed this one. They only have paring knifes left.

I did get the Kyocera 2-pc Ceramic Cutlery Gift Set deal for $49.99.
1 - 6" Chef's Knife, 1 - 3" Paring Knife

Back
Top Bottom