Cuisinart Knives

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Callisto in NC

Washing Up
Anyone had a bad experience with these? My knives are crap and these are on special for a really good price. My pans are Cuisenart and I love them. They list at $200 but are on sale for $40. Just wondering if I might be being taken or if they are decent knives for the average home cook.

Never had them, never used them, never knew anybody who had them or used them, so you can disrigard my opinion. But why would you buy a knife from a pot maker?

Last edited:
Charlie, would you buy pots and pans from an electrical appliance maker? You shouldn't assume a product is not good because the manufacturer makes other products as well.

:) Didn't I just say you can disregard my opinion? Also where did you see me saying that they were bad? ANd about electrical appliance maker which one do you refer to? I can't answer if I do not know what you are talking about.

...But why would you buy a knife from a pot maker?

Charlie, I do disregard your opinion. I was questioning why you made it.

The tone of your statement above suggests you don't think it's very good idea.

The company I was referring to is Cuisinart. They make cookware, cutlery and electrical appliances for the kitchen - blenders, grills, food processors, etc.

Viking makes stoves and cookware.

Calphalon makes cookware, cutlery and cooking utensils.

Braun makes electric shavers and kitchen appliances.

Multiple product lines is more common than not.

Ok, fine if you want to be thAt serious, yeah, I do not like cusinart knives, or calphalon for that matter. But hey, like I said, you can disregard my opinion.
Now by the same token, knifes are only as good as the care you take of them.

There are a number of websites that review knives. I suggest you google something such as "review of kitchen knives" and read through the results.

Callisto, do you need a whole set? I only use these knives the most frequent being listed first: 8" chef, 3 1/2" paring, 7" santoku (maybe once a month or when the chef's knife is in the sink). The chef's knife is pretty heavy so I bought the DW a 6" utility that fits her hand better. Any ol' serrated edge knife works for bread.

You might be better off spending the $40 on one knive for now. Take care of it and the knife will stay sharp and last a long time.

My $0.02

Callisto, I have a couple of these knives I picked up on sale for the same reason you are considering them - because I've found their other kitchen products to be excellent. That said, the two I have aren't great. They seem to dull pretty quickly. (Of course, they were way better than the crappy ones I had before!!!)

Jeekinz gave some really good advice - buy one high quality knife (on sale if possible) and start there. Otherwise, you'll end up with a number of knives that "are too good to throw away" but that you'll never reach for once you own a really good knife. (Ask me how I know. lol)

I can tell you they are comparable to the Chicago Cutlery (Landmark Edition) set that I have right now.

I liked my Cuisinart knife set quite a bit, but I couldn't pass up the deal I got on my current set.

It's a small world Jenny :D I am from Des Moines but found myself working for AEGON.

I do like the Landmark edition quite a bit, presents itself very nicely.

I've taken them for test runs before; I wasn't impressed. But then again, I'm a knife snob. I'd be suspicious of any single knife that was only 40 dollars, let alone a whole set.

The biggest knock on them is that they aren't forged. They aren't going to be as durable as some of the nicer brands out there, but they're serviceable.

Back
Top Bottom