Cutco knives

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

babyzfaboo

Assistant Cook
:) I'm actually a sales representative for cutco (Vector marketing). If you have cutco, I'd love some feed back.
My mom uses my knives too lol. She's affraid of them because she's always getting cut lol but she's addicted.

-Guerda

Last edited by a moderator:
Way over priced but good for cutting rope and leather pads.

Can anyone actually make a living selling Cutco?

i have had the chance to use those knives and as a professional, they just won't do
i will stick to my masamoto sohontens, forschners, wusthofs, sabatiers, and henkels
then there is my old fave a kaicut chinese vegetable knife

obiwan9962 said:
i have had the chance to use those knives and as a professional, they just won't do
i will stick to my masamoto sohontens, forschners, wusthofs, sabatiers, and henkels
then there is my old fave a kaicut chinese vegetable knife

Ditto to what he said. No offense to you as a salesperson, but those knives just won't cut it, pardon the pun.

Plus, any company that puts up a picture like this on their website to demonstrate "how to cut" obviously does not know what they are doing:

Someone's going to lose a finger chopping like that. You position your fingertips or the flat of your hand along the top of the blade, not on the sides of it.

Last edited:
ironchef said:
Ditto. No offense to you, but those knives just won't cut it, pardon the pun.

Plus, any company that puts up a picture like this on their website to demonstrate "how to cut" obviously does not know what they are doing:

Someone's going to lose a finger chopping like that. You position your fingertips or the flat of your hand along the top of the blade, not on the sides of it.
como?
i have never seen nor endorse such a demo

lol i learned to use a knife well actually a chinese cleaver before colour tv
i love my knives but i do not have a set of any knives just ones bought for specific purposes and not used for anything else

ironchef said:
I was saying that I agreed with what you said, and no offense to the person who is the cutco sales reprentative. I'll adjust my post so it's a little clearer.
oh okay
lol
it's just that you quoted me and then went on........
yea my ex wife had a set of those
never ever had a full set of knives
and those were pretty useless

Many, many years ago, one of our daugher's best friends started selling Cutco to make money to pay for college. We weren't interested in any of the knives, but we did buy a meat fork. It's pretty good, but used infrequently.

I find cutco knives good for learning what one doesn't want in a knife. Mediocre steel and goofy edge bevels that can only be resharpened at the factory (at the owners expence) make for a knife that's only suitable for people who don't want to critically think about what makes for good kitchen knives. Cutco knives are probably fine for people who eat boxed macaroni and cheese.

Bought 4 steak knives & a pair of scissors from student - friend of my daughter's 10 years ago. Still in my knife drawer, but I have other knives for serious jobs. My current favorite is Rachel Ray's - as annoying as she is.

There are many quality kitchen knives available at very reasonable prices. Cutco is neither reasonably priced nor of quality. Do a bit of Googling and you will be doing yourself a favor.

Subjectively, if you don't want to open your wallet too widely, buy stamped steel Forschner knives. If you have some extra cash, and want something to last your great great grandchildren's lives, pick up some vintage non-stainless carbon steel Sabatier cutlery on the Internet. In the long run you'll be quite satisfied.

Buzz

Katie E said:
Yes, Buzz. I have had a carbon steel Sabatier knife for more than 30 years and it still performs like a champ.

Katie, undeniably agreed. I'm brand new on this site but I see many urban myths which have a need to be be brought to reality. Cooking is cooking, and that is why I am here, to learn. When I see things that don't quite "click", trust me, I'm all over it. Antique sabatiers are my personal thing but I am well aware that new steels in many forms are outperformers.

buzzard767 said:
Okay double chinned, egg-eye, where's the humor?

Well, that in it's self is funny ha ha, but I lol cause all the people that are crushing the OP dreams of being a Cutco for life person. That is all...

Back
Top Bottom