Giada's knife question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buckytom

Chef Extraordinaire
does anyone know what type or brand of knife that giada delaurentiis uses on her show "giada at home"?

i like the shape as it looks good for a rocking chop, and it's fairly wide to help use it to scoop up or crush things. also, it appears to be made from one piece of stainless steel including the handle.

Don't understand how that can mbe called a mezaluna. It looks like a cross between a Global, a Chroma, and a Ken Onion Chef's knife, with features of each. In any case, it looks like a well thought out knife design. I wonder what the blade is made of.

The blade looks like the Ken Onion design, while the handles is similar in style to the Chroma, but with more rounded corners like the Global.

As you can see from the following links, Giada's knife is much less expensive.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North
Global 8 Inch Chef's Knife

Chroma Type 301 10-inch Chef's Knife

Shun Ken Onion Series 8 Inch Chef's Knife

Last edited:
thanks, pa. that's the one. and thanks, chief. i thought a celebrity knife might be fairly cheap, so my next question was going to be about similar but better brands. you're a step ahead of me (again :ermm:).

does anyone here have the shun ken onion knife that they could give a review? i mean, i'd be tempted to spring for $22 for giada's just to see what it's like vs. $185 for the shun.

I would be very surprised if Giada used anything but her brand of knives on her show. She started her own line a few years ago.

I have not watched her show lately so could say which she uses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom