Has anyone tried the Cuisinart Arista set?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The block was the best thing we got from the Cutco knife set my wife got sucked into buying 12 years ago. The only thing we still use from that set with any regularity are the steak knives and the nice block with horizontal slots. It now holds 3 Wusthof (6" and 8" chef and one boning), 2 Chicago Cutlery (paring and utility), and one Dexter Russell bread slicer.

DH bought me a Cutco set of knives and the serving set many years ago. I love the look of the pearl handles. Then I learned more about knives and he bought me a Henckels Santoku knife, which I love and use all the time. With the chef's knife and boning knife from my culinary-school kit, plus a cheese knife from our trip to Italy, my collection outgrew the Cutco block, so I bought the Henckels.

I still love and use the Cutco serving pieces, serrated knife and spreader. I'll look at the steak knives. I'd like to have a matching set. Maybe for Valentine's Day :)

I can come back on you and say you don't have sharp knives. There is no tomato ever grown that I can't slice paper thin with my Wusthof chef knife.
Sure you can you can say my knives aren't sharp enough. But, I have had the problem when the knives were just back from being professionally sharpened. Now, I'm not saying that it happens all the time, just when the skin is particularly tough and the tomato is very soft.

What type of knife is best for cutting regular chocolate bars like Green & Black's?

I use a bread knife like an old-fashioned paper cutter. Place the tip of the blade on the cutting board and bing the handle down to cut off bits of chocolate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure you can you can say my knives aren't sharp enough. But, I have had the problem when the knives were just back from being professionally sharpened. Now, I'm not saying that it happens all the time, just when the skin is particularly tough and the tomato is very soft.

I completely understand about tough skinned tomatoes Taxi. It sounds like others don't. When the SC lived in Los Angles county, the tomatoes he grew had such tough skin you couldn't chew it! I gave up and was forced to peel them. Hey, whatever works right?

I use a bread knife like an old-fashioned paper cutter. Place the ti[ of the blade on the cutting board and bing the handle down to cut off bits of chocolate.

I tried it with my new 8" bread knife and it came out a bit crumbly :(

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

I tried it with my new 8" bread knife and it came out a bit crumbly :(

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

Usually, when you're cutting chocolate as I described, it's for inclusion in a recipe where it's melted. If your intent was different, I apologize for giving you a less than helpful answer.

Usually, when you're cutting chocolate as I described, it's for inclusion in a recipe where it's melted. If your intent was different, I apologize for giving you a less than helpful answer.

No worries, Andy! I was thinking about cutting up some of my chocolate bars to make eating small amounts a bit easier :yum:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom