Hattori FH-6C Gyuto 210mm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
After all these years I thought you knew me Andy. Well thank you for the compliment even if there are many others who would disagree with your assessment of me.

Not a lunatic. Obsessive, but not a lunatic.

Enough talk,

this_thread_is_worthless_without_pics.gif

Well I got home late last night and did not really get to play, but I did have a carrot on hand that looked like it needed to be smaller so I had to accommodate it. While it was quite sharp, it was no where near where I expected it to be so I think I will actually sharpen it this weekend when I have some time. I love the way it feels though. It is very light and very thin.

You expect it to be sharp enough to cut the food before the blade comes in contact? ;)

Nice looking knife.

I expected the carrot to scream and split in two at the mere sight of this knife.

Congrats on your promotion Frank!

I think he took it to bed with him. That would explain the sirens in the middle of the night...

The HD-7 is supposed to be delivered today! Given the amount of ribbing GB got, I thought about keeping it quiet. Then I started hearing this voice in my head...."forty_caliber I am your father...use the Hattori and split the carrot". :cool: Where did I leave those meds?

I got out of work early today so I was able to spend some time sharpening my knife. I think I finally have my technique close to where I want it.

Here is a video of me shaving my arm hair with my freshly sharpened knife. The video is lousy, but hopefully you will be able to see what I was seeing.

YouTube - Razor Sharp

Back
Top Bottom