Help me sharpen my Knives

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

healthyeater

Assistant Cook
Hi all,

I have a full set of global knives but cannot get them to be properly sharp, like when they were new. I have tried a stone one which you fill with water but wasn't impressed by it at all.

I got an e-mail from this site I had ordered a bluetooth kit from about this new knife sharpener but was wondering what you use and what you recommend.

The one they sent was called Anysharp (don't know if you have heard of it - it is on a website called itjustworks)

Help!!! I am dying to get my knives properly sharp again

You can get a special Global pull through sharpener.

I have one of these and it keeps my knives in great shape, and no expertise required, just pull it through.:chef:

The Global knives must be able to keep and hold an edge to some degree because Cat Cora states she uses a Global santuko. However, in the episodes of "The Iron Chef" I have not as yet seen her actually use one. (I will admit that viewing that show is sporadic.)

If you google "knife sharpening" numerous references can be discovered. It sounds as if you need something simple and repeatable to repair those knives. Without seeing them it's hard to recommend which method might be of help.

There must be a kitchen supply store in your area. If there's a "knife guy" at that store, let him examine the problem and recommend a system for the skill-set you have. In that manner you will be assured that you can use and hone the knives you own anytime you wish. If you're worrying about your edges you don't enjoy using them.

images
Just kidding :angel: ---- But I have been known to do it :ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom