Henckels miyabi for a lefty?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you listen to Rob too much you will end up spending a fortune.. he is good at spending other people's money (well, he certainly was helpful in spending mine). :mrgreen:
Very very true. There is no one I would trust more when it comes to blades. If Rob says buy it I do not have to even think any further.

1,2,3 and 4 are all flavors of the same thing. Let your budget help you decide which to get. You would do absolutely fine with the 1, but if you have money to spend then the others have some additional items that you would probably benefit from. Don't feel you need to get that extra stuff though. The 1 will do a great job for you as is and you can always buy the extras later on individually.

It's well worth the money to pick up the set with the Chocera stones. The drill stop collar is a tremendous help and it's so cheap there's no reason not to pick it up. And the angle cube is a luxury until you use it; then it becomes a near-necessity!

Im starting to see what FrankZ is talking about :LOL: but i also happen to like new toys :)
will i need to buy stropping paraphernelia

You can't go wrong with CKtG. Mark is a great guy and he really knows his stuff. This is kind of a cliche but he will give you good honest advice and not just try to sell you stuff you don't need. He actually plays with the stuff he's selling, so he's not just reading something off an index card to you.:LOL:

If you get the EP Apex from CKtG, I'd say you'll want to at least get Kit #2. Kit #4 doesn't add anything you really need IMOHO. But I will say that it's absolutely worth the money to get the kit with the Chocera stones. They're perhaps the best synthetics in the world at any price, and once you use them you probably won't ever use a stock one again. I got my first custom Chocera & Shapton stones about 2 years ago and I only ever dug out the stock ones once to compare them- I think I gave them away a while a ago. The upgraded stones cut faster & finish finer than the stock ones.

You can get strops made for the EP, but if you wanna strop by hand the Hand American strops (also available at CKtG) are superb.

If you need any more help spending your money just let me know- it's a specialty of mine!:ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom