Henckels Pro "S"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We have a business here in the Philippines for fabricating custom parts for motorcycles. One time I caught my husband at the dining room table modifying motorcycle parts using one of my kitchen cutting boards.

At least he used the utility knife we bought for the shop when he did it. :neutral:

I think I would have stabbed him....at least a little.

I lived in an apartment a few years back with a small group of people, I was looking for my favorite santuku and couldn't find it, figured someone washed it and put it some place other then the magnet strip...like 5 minutes later one of the girls staying with us walked in the door carrying my knife..when asked what she was doing outside with a chef knife she said they needed it to cut some rope that they had used to tie something down with, I ended up yelling at her enough to make her cry

I have noticed that the newer Pro-S line is not the same as they were a few years ago, less "hefty" IMO

Yes, mine are less hefty, which is nice...arthritis and Carpal Tunnel are not your friends when trying to wield a hefty knife.

I have a Henckels knife block set (not the Pro S) that is probably the single best cooking equipment purchase I ever made. I had picked out a $150 Henckels knife block set at Bed, Bath & Beyond but they were out of stock so the manager offered me the $200 set at the $150 price, and ended up being $120 after use of a 20% off coupon. :) I spent easily that much and more adding additional pieces to my set including a cleaver! (I'm scared to death every time I take out and use my cleaver. I treat it like plutonium!) My favorite knives out of the set are the 4" utility knife and the santoku (6"? 8"?). I couldn't find a smaller santoku in the same Henckels line so I bought a nice 4" Cuisinart santoku that does the job (and inexpensive too) but I'd pick up the same size Henckels if I ever find it, just because it's nice to have all matched knives, just a luxury.

I really like always having exactly the right knife for every kitchen cutting, carving and chopping job. It's a great labor savor and improves quality too.

I recently got a replacement for a Pro S 4-inch paring knife I originally bought a dozen years ago. I can see or feel no difference. Well, the new one doesn't have a broken handle.

1bb501c34ad6b36ac9a447f29ff059few.jpg

Russian sausage will win any knife
...joke

I recently got a replacement for a Pro S 4-inch paring knife I originally bought a dozen years ago. I can see or feel no difference. Well, the new one doesn't have a broken handle.

That is how business is today.. they take away the small things first... :ROFLMAO:

:LOL:...knife killer...:ROFLMAO:

I need knives in the worst way. I saw Henckels steak knives at Kohl's yesterday but I wouldn't want to put one of those in the hands of any ol' accident-prone guest...those things are razor sharp!

Mollyanne--glad to see you back! Missed all your good posts for a long time!

Back
Top Bottom