Henckels Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CremeBruleeFan

Assistant Cook
I have a set of Henckels that I got as a gift... The logo has one man though, instead of the two men logo that I thought Henckels trademarked. I think this set is from Costco, and it says J.A. Henckels International, Made in Spain. I've never heard of these knives being mentioned on the Henckel's website. I've heard of Four Star and Professional S and Twin Cuisine, but these don't seem to fit in any of those lines. I just bought a Twin Cuisine 7" Santoku knife because I absolutely love the feel of the handle and knife, and I noticed that it has the two men logo, and it says "Zwilling J.A. Henckels, Germany" What's the difference with the two types? Is the first one like a fake? Should I get the rest of the Twin Cuisine and give this other set away? I want a good set of knives and I just feel that the first one is too lightweight for my tastes. Does anyone know what line the first set I mentioned is from and if it is forged high-carbon steel? Thanks.

What makes it premium? The handle or the blade? I notice the none premium ones have non-wooden handles, is that the only difference?

None of the knives in either line have wood handles.

The primary difference is in the construction and material of the blade.

Henckels can be made in many countries, but the best ones come from Germany. When you buy a set on e-bay for instance where the price seems to good to be true well there you go. I doubt it they were manufactured in Germany.
Mark

Zwilling

Hi Cindy,

Most of the international line of knives is stamped, rather than forged. They are still good knives.

By the way, Zwilling means twins, in German. Thus the two little men:cool:

Cindy said:
I'm such a knife idiot :-(

Don't feel alone, I'm the same way. I didn't even know that you weren't supposed to wash knives in the dishwasher.:rolleyes: I learn something new just about every other day or so. I'm a food philistine/plebe (or whatever you call it).

You all can buy me your favorite knife and send it to me .. then I'll have a bunch of good knives. :) hehehe

<wonders if I am a dreamer> ROFL

Back
Top Bottom