How can I know if I have an irregular knife?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Julio

Senior Cook
Hello,

I was looking at a online store that sells irregular knives and I was wondering how can you tell if you already have an irregular knife? What do I look for?

If a knife has been in use for very short time, it probably has "minor visual imperfections that do not interfere with the use or long life of the piece." that would qualify as "irregular".

When irregular or seconds are sold, I assume that the blade or handle is marked in some way to identify that it is not first quality.

If you put the knife into the knife drawer, and all the other knives start shying away from it and pointing, with only a few of the more bold knives sliding slowly over to the new knife, it may well be an irregular knife. Soon, you may start hearing some unusual knife stories and some little paring knives might start showing up.....:ROFLMAO:

Honestly, Julio, I've never even heard of an "irregular" knife. I guess there are seconds in everything! Please pardon my humor. I had nothing I could tell you, so I posted the thoughts in my head at the moment. :LOL:

I look forward to the other answers you get that will teach us both! :D

I was going to say that the knife probably has some cosmetic defects--the handle might be crooked or the wrong color, or a scratch on the blade.

But really, I think vitauta nailed it. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Is it common for high quality knife manufacturers to sell off B-stock / irregular production runs rather than aborbing them?

Back
Top Bottom