I didn't know you knew me.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chico Buller

Washing Up
While doing a google search on myself to check security, I found my name on your forum.

As some of you already know (?) I am a professional sharpener using Edge Pro products, Japanese waterstones, glass, pastes and a few voodoo chants.

If it's the same individual, I think I met Buzz.

I am in the Madison, Wisconsin area. While I sharpen just about any edged tool for my clients, I like to sharpen and polish Japanese laminate kitchen knives.

It's nice you know me, and I hope to meet some of you. Thanks.

Welcome. I have been lusting over an Edge Pro Apex for a while now. I am still trying to talk the wife into letting me get one. She will agree once she picks of the fancy schmancy pocketbook that she is going to get first ;)

I wonder what she will make me buy her before I can get my Japanese blade.

Step into my office...

Maybe that's the better way I can help people here.

I rep for JWW and Blue Ridge. Obviously, I get better pricing. When staring the price tag of an Hattori I become very popular.

To this day it's still a thrill to see a cultured sous-chef actually happy to see an old Harley rider.

My knives are fine - can we discuss the voodoo stuff? :LOL:

GB - You can tell Darl I'm the girl of your dreams - I like the knives, smokers, grills, and cooking stuff. She'll probably say - yea, well, then you two have dinner ready after I go shopping for my purse! :-p :LOL:

As you will come to learn, Ben Dale has me test a lot of the stuff he is R/D'ing for Edge Pro. In fact, I was the one who twisted his arm to carry glaziers glass.

In sharpening (and being competitive) I'll steal any combination of parts, pastes and theories.

BTW, since I'm new here, are there any members here I might know from KnifeForums? I usually loiter in the "Keeping Sharp" section.

Buzz is probably the same Buzz you are thinking of. You might also know Rob Babcock. I believe he is on KnifeForums too.

In lurking here, it seems folks here have my same sense of humor. I really enjoy my job. Believe it or not, I really enjoy spending a shift in a kitchen sharpening knives as food and death threats fly around me in three different languages.

If you cannot get excited about being a tinker (that's my proper title), check your pulse.

If I could lust for anything right now (short of a new rear 220 tire and a matching chrome wheel for Black Betty) it would be to polish an edge for Cat Cora.

I've watched her lift her shoulder one too many times in making a long deep forward directed slice. And no, I don't think it's her height.

I think she needs a new tinker.

Welcome aboard Chico. Darn that Internet Google. I thought I could hide from you :dry: but you're too quick. Some of us have crept into discusscooking with the outrageous ideas that there are blades available that will knock the socks off of the touted 99.9999999% of highly advertised "department store" knives. Admitted rebels we must defend ourselves at every turn, settlers in a surrounded wagon train. Perhaps you are a much need Gatling Gun.

Just kidding.

This is a very open minded group, not quite crazy as at KF and FF, however, the group is small. As the membership slowly acquires Japanese steel and geometry it will redefine metamorphasis. One person buys one knife, slices one tomato, spreads the word to the first person......

We've been there before.

Your secrets are safe with me (for a fee).

Buzz, I'm here for you.

Now, if we could just get a mod to change my status from Assistant Cook to Mercenary Tinker, I think we'd have all of the kinks out...

Nice to see you over here, Chico. Yeah, I'm the same Rob Babcock that haunts KnifeForums. Sorry to have dropped off the face of the Earth lately...I've been seeing an amazing girl for awhile and my sanity is just starting to return, bit by bit.:ROFLMAO: She really loves cooking and cutlery, so I should be back in full-on, knife-nerd mode again before long.;)

No prob. I've been goofing off, myself. I intend to wear this Harley out. And I changed the biz around a bit so I can have lots of flexibility in what I do.

I still hang out in KF, but most of my sharpening is now kitchen knives.

Back
Top Bottom