I love T-Mobile (yes, this does have to do with a knife)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Poppinfresh

Senior Cook
Backstory; there was a guy in the training department at the center the lady of the house works at that did all the barbecues at the end of each "graduating class" of trainees--they have a big party for them at the end, sort of a "welcome to corporate America" deal. Anyhow, he transferred to another center on the other side of the country, leaving them without grillmaster for that sweeeeeet setup they have at the center. The lady of the house eventually conned...I mean, persuaded...me into handling the BBQ duties for their most recent class of graduates 3 weeks back while they tried to find someone to take this dude's place. Anyhow, I raid my freezer and put together a meal of elk burgers, some cherry glazed pork tenderloins, couple cedar planked salmon with a sherry vinegar honey glaze and of course some pulled pork/Boston Butt...apparently the department and GM were used to/expecting burgers and hot dogs...

I guess they liked it (OK, I knew that when it was being served) because when the lady of the house came home from work today and said the GM had arranged with corporate to give me a show of appreciation for helping them out, and then promptly handed me THIS! I didn't even know they MADE one like that.

I feel guilty even taking it out of the case...not that I have any idea what to do with it in the first place--I don't even know what I'm supposed to use a sashimi knife on. But it's sooooo pretty. I've never had a knife that came in its own wood case before--let alone one that's apparently worth half a mortgage payment :P. Go T-Mobile, go! I just hope they aren't trying to butter me up to do it every 6 weeks when they have a graduating class :P.

Last edited:
Well done. You bailed them out and they said a very nice thank you. Congratulations.

What's on the menu 6 weeks from now?

My guess would be hot dogs and burgers :P. Will let the next guy figure it out heh. Unless they've got a 12 piece set of All-Clads on order for me, that was pretty much a one-time deal as far as I'm concerned :P. The salmon was cheap (Pacific Northwest...'nuff said), and the pork tenderloins, butt, stuff for BBQ sauce, etc. weren't TOO pricey, but elk ain't exactly a budget food. Feeding 30 some-odd people (16 or so students, another 10 from training, GM, assistant GM, some other bigwig that crashed the thing) is an awful lot like work--something I have a big aversion to :P.

WELL???? Did they hit you up again in six weeks?

Have you tried out the knife? I'd be afraid to touch it, too expensive!!! lol

That's a sweet knife. It would be good for cutting carpaccio, or thin strips of any boneless meat for skewers. It's screams to me for cutting some satay or beef for a cheesesteak.

thymeless

I guess you'll just have to make some sushi!!!! I'd try my hand at tuna or beef carpaccio first!

"Someone" knew how to say a big thank you to someone who loves to cook!!!!!

They've asked a few times since, but I've always politely declined. I love their grill setup over there (they had to have spent 20 grand on it all between the grills, the smoker, the rockwork, etc.) but I've gotta be in a specific mood to want to put in that much effort.

On the topic of the knife...very nice. I've learned some pretty mad chops with it--have become quite the little sushi master. Problem is, the lady of the house and I aren't particularly big fans of sushi so it tends to sit unused more often than not (it gets pulled out when I'm prepping salmon, monkfish, orange roughy, etc. just to get it some work, but that's about it). Can certainly impress friends with the cutting skills when they come over and we prep some sushi for them, though :P.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom