Well, I bought this Victorinox
case back before Xmas. My old Forschner Exec
has served me well but I've been meaning to try out the other one. The main potential advantages to the Victorinox are 1) the removable tray has clips that hold the blades without the need for blade guards and 2) lots of room under the knife storage tray for gadgets, sharpeners, etc.
So far I like it pretty well. I haven't decided if I like it more than the old one, though. Some of the guys say it looks like a cordless drill box!
1) No blade guards needed.
2) Faster to get at any given knife (no need to unzip the bag & leaf thru the pages).
3) Easy to get at things in bottom.
4) Room for 10 knives in the clip tray.
1) Not much for compartments under tray. Stuff will rattle if not packed tight.
2) Hard case feels a bit cheap compared to my nylon roll- will it survive a fall?
3) Stuff has to packed just-so to fit it all in.
4) Hard case isn't expandable at all. Stuff either fits or it don't!
A few pictures of it, all loaded up: