ISO information on icook knifeware

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lbsh

Assistant Cook
Has anyone out there used the icook knifeware set designed by Ken Onion? I am thinking of purchasing a set but I can not find any reviews on these knives. Thanks in advace for any answers.

I haven't heard anything about them either. I did find this and it would have been nice if they displayed every knife for viewing. I would not buy a knife until I could pick it up and hold it in my hand. Just my 2¢

Thank you Kitchenelf for your reply. The link you posted is the only info i have found as well. Thanks agian.

They appear to be the same shape and design as the Shun Ken Onion knives, but with forged german steel instead of the VG-10 damascus in the Shun knives. Nothing in the documentation mentions the hardness of the blades or what kind of steel is used. I am a bit concerned that the storage tray they provide has the blades inserted vertically rather than horizontally, which over time can dull the blade. They are being distributed through iCook's Multi-Level-Marketing channels.

Yeah, the whole multi level management thing kind of scares me. I have checked out the Ken Onion from Shun and love the feel of the knife. At $200.00 for a chef’s knife it’s a little pricey for me. The things I like most about this set are the knives it features and the sizes are the ones I would actually use. Plus I like the way the handle feels in my hand.

I have looked into the quality of the other AmWay products, and there is no real negative feedback on there other products as far as quality. I found this set brand new on cragslist for 150.00 that’s about half the price online. I would imagine that since the steel is not defined the steel is probably not great quality. Like Fred mentioned in a previous post if it was anything but it would have been mentioned

Thank you for all the replies they are a big help.

You could go to the Ken Onion website and ask a few questions about the steel using the CONTACT US feature.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom