ISO silicone cutting mats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pacanis

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm retiring my set of silicon cutting mats to the garbage. I've got one left to use and throw out. They came in a set of four, different colors for different foods... you've probably seen the style. One has a fish on it and is blue, one a cow and is reddish, kind of kidney shaped...
I liked using them and being able to toss them in the DW, but the colors are bleeding all over the place. Every time I used one I had to scrub blue (or whatever) off of my kitchen counter or whatever I happened to have it sitting on. Ideally my new silicon mats would not have this problem, or they will be tossed, also.

I've seen some at Amazon that are solid colored and I've seen some that only appear colored up in the corner. I cannot tell how stiff/flexible they are though. The solid colored ones look too flexible to be able to stand up on edge in a DW. I do want them thin though, so I can bend them to funnel chopped food into a pan. This is where you folks come in.

Can anyone recommend some thin silicon cutting mats, preferably clear, or at least solid colored so the coloring doesn't bleed?

They really don't have to be stiff enough to stand in a DW. I have silicone pot holders and just drape them over the prongs that separate the sections of the rack. They end up bent in the middle with the sides hanging down on wither side of the prongs. Works fine.

They really don't have to be stiff enough to stand in a DW. I have silicone pot holders and just drape them over the prongs that separate the sections of the rack. They end up bent in the middle with the sides hanging down on wither side of the prongs. Works fine.

Don't they take up a lot of room that way?
I set mine all the way over to one side, so that they rested against the side of the DW. They took no room away from the rest of the load.

Don't they take up a lot of room that way?
I set mine all the way over to one side, so that they rested against the side of the DW. They took no room away from the rest of the load.

My DW has front to back rows separated by prongs. After loading the rows, there's room enough for me to drape the pot holders over the prongs. Both sides get washed. I don't know if that would work for your cutting mats.

Maybe I'll try to find some locally if no one had any experience with these.

I just happen to know where a BB&B is.
Thanks. I keep forgetting we have one. Never been there.

The mind isn't always the first thing to go, but it goes. Perhaps you should write yourself a reminder on a stickie.

silicone? really? wouldnt that be really soft? not nylon?

i have some nylon cutting mats, but i mostly use those for jobs other than cutting because they are too thin and my knives go through them too

You might try Target. Their web site has over 100 cutting boards, so they should have at least one or two that you like.

silicone? really? wouldnt that be really soft? not nylon?

i have some nylon cutting mats, but i mostly use those for jobs other than cutting because they are too thin and my knives go through them too

Yep, silicone :)
Amazon.com: Casabella Silicone Cutting Board, Set of 4: Kitchen & Dining

I'm sure I could cut right through them if I tried, but I use a light knife stroke.

Target scares me Sir Loin :ermm:
In my world we would have the people of Target, not Walmart :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom